Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2

 Louisefan Michael and Ruthfan Michael have arranged an impromptu meet up in Wendover on Saturday 27th April. We plan to meet up at 5p.m at Wendover Station, if good weather, or a nearby pub- whichever Michael suggests- if not.
 We will go and have a good look at 'Babs Childhood Home', as pictured, and make us of some of the many attractive pubs in the town. And a meal at some stage. To be honest, there is not a lot to see or do in Wendover apart from this, so a full day is not needed.
  Would anyone else be interested in joining us, the more the better. Please mention on here or send me a Private Message if preferred. And I can give you more details.
  I understand there is not much time- under three weeks- to arrange things, but that day suited us.
Wendover is on the Chiltern Line and is the stop before or after Aylesbury, depending on direction of travel.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Really good to see that `The Two Michaels` are making the pilgrimage to Wendover. Id love to be able to attend but the place is very awkward for me to get to. I hope some of the other southern based members of OFTDs can join you.

Maybe in 2020 we can arrange a meet-up that is convenient for all to get to. Somewhere in the South Midlands thats on the main train lines. How about Oxford or Banbury. Something we can ponder much later i suppose.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Michael
Hanway2 wrote
 Louisefan Michael and Ruthfan Michael have arranged an impromptu meet up in Wendover on Saturday 27th April.
Count me in. Hanway2 😉

Wendover's a pretty little place, but isn't exactly a buzzing metropolis. It does boast a number of decent pubs and eateries, though. For those who're curious, here's a Wikipedia link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendover

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Michael
`The Two Michaels`
Are we destined to become OFTDs resident comedy duo, Ryan? I'm not sure my dreadful jokes would cut the mustard: my jokes are like normal jokes but without the funny bit.

Should you find yourself at a lose end, and happy to spend five hours of the 27th driving, please do come and join us! We'd love to have your company.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2
We could set ourselves up as a proper duo, Michael. You do the comedy and I will recite my poetry or read out one of my long riveting reviews.
 We should start taking bookings!

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2
  Any one else interested in spending an evening in good company in a small country town in  Buckinghamshire?
 Good food and drink guaranteed, and a view of an interesting old house connected to a member of Pan's People.
  Hope some of you may want to feel the benefit of the warm Chiltern Air, on Saturday. Please let me know on here or a PM.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Old Grey Whistler
Unfortunately I live up the other end of the country so too difficult for me to attend but I hope you have an enjoyable day. Hopefully the present occupants of Babs house won't be too alarmed when a group of men turn up outside staring in at them!

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2
Thanks for the good wishes, OGW.
I promise we will not wreck the beautiful old house trying to get souvenirs. I might bring a ladder though so I can peer in Babs old bedroom!

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Did this happen yesterday ? If so, how did it go. Any of the locals have any tales of young Babs ?

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2
  Yes, it did. Us two Michael's had a  great time chatting about Pan's People, the Forum, Going to Derby, Top Of The Pops in 1974 and 1987, how we reconnected with Pan's, discovering the website, music interests and life in General.
  Louisefan Michael told me about his mother's meeting Babs regularly at the bus stop, in her younger days to go to Aylesbury, and later going to London. While we visited several of the superb local pubs in Wendover, and had a delicious Thai meal, and met Rachel, Michael's other half.
  Babs' old home is right in the centre of Wendover, in a row of delightfully picturesque of houses, at the end of which is The Packhorse public house.
  We took a few pictures- we should have taken more really, which will be posted up in the picture section, somewhere.
 A great time was had by Ruthfan Michael, and I am sure the other Michael will agree.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

AC/PD
Glad to read the Wendover affair was a success. Hopefully, the pubs and location were both as idyllic as presumed with pictures to be welcomed in good time and hopefully with none depicting an arrest for being drunk in charge of a sloping ladder.

Re: Wendover 27th April.

Hanway2
  I will try and post a couple of pictures taken, but they are not being allowed at present. Something to do with JPEG, which I know nothing about.
  The swines at Chiltern Railways would not allow me to board the train at Marylebone with a ladder, so none arrived in Wendover.  And that is my story and I am sticking to it!!