Who are Legs and Co/Pan's People, help required!

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Yes the card idea is very effective indeed. Aside from this and like we discussed yesterday you may or may not wish to use some of my lists that are located in the Legs & Co section of `LISTS`. Im thinking particularly of the 3 attendance threads that are colour coded and read very well (76/77, 78/79 & 80/81).

I could copy these into the `spare` posts that are currently vacant in your initial first post, or alternatively and i think preferably create three new threads below your first thread in `WHO WERE LEGS & CO (Thread under construction)`.

This would also go some way into proving that only seven girl dancers were genuine Legs & Co members who danced on TOTPs. Let me know what you think.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc
I've incorporated the attendance lists into the thread, they are on page 2 and are linked in the first post.

Can any of the Zoo experts tell me the last time Anita appeared with them?

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc
There is now a section to show who's who in routines where it's difficult to tell them apart.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc wrote
I've seen them!
It's amazing how different a change of hairstyle can make someone look, I've tried comparing the other pictures and I'm stuck.

We need some expert help! If you see this Sue, who is she?

This one's still confounding the experts!

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

VintageVideos
Doc, I think that's a great idea for a thread, and a lot of work to do I suppose. Thanks for your efforts!

I hope you will not think I'm too picky, but I'd like to comment on a few things you wrote about Pan's People:

"Pan's People were formed in 1966 by 5 members of the Beat Girls dance troupe (from BBC2's The Beat Room)."
Strictly speaking, PP were formed by Flick, Babs & Dee Dee. Lorelly, Penny & Felicity were "brought in" to make the group up to six. Ruth joined in March 1967.

"In 1968 Dee and Ruth were invited to dance on TOTPs following a successful audition"
Well it's Dee Dee of course

"They continued, with the occasional personnel change until May 1976"
As their last TOTP appearance occured on April 29, 1976, it might make more sense to say "until April 1976".

"when the last original member retired"
I often read that. But is it correct to call Ruth an "original" member when she joined the troupe about three months after their formation?

"Felicity Balfour (left April 1867)"
I thought it was March - and 1967 of course..

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

PattiForPM
Vin I'm sure you don't need Ruth defended but from all I've read I think the other Pans "originals" would call Ruth an original too, even though strictly speaking she wasn't I suppose.  In the same way I think the ?1968-71 six are the ones regarded as the "original" troupe rather than the three added in 1966 in most people's vernacular as I read it.  Of course there is some conjecture here but just my six pennies

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Most of the info was extracted from the Wiki (except for the typo's) as I'm far from an expert on early Pan's People. I just ran something off quickly to fill the gap, so I welcome any corrections and proof reading.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc
I've made the corrections.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

PattiForPM wrote
Vin I'm sure you don't need Ruth defended but from all I've read I think the other Pans "originals" would call Ruth an original too, even though strictly speaking she wasn't I suppose.  In the same way I think the ?1968-71 six are the ones regarded as the "original" troupe rather than the three added in 1966 in most people's vernacular as I read it.  Of course there is some conjecture here but just my six pennies
Yes I know what you mean. It's a bit like saying that Ringo Starr was not an "original" Beatle
I was just thinking that, if this thread is going to be the definite Who's Who regarding Pan's People, the term "original" might be somewhat misleading for someone who isn't acquainted with the various personnel shifts.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc, whilst its true the Beat Girls did start out on the Beat Room, that finished in 1965, Babs and Ruth were the only originals to appear on that show. Flick, Dee Dee, Penny and Lorelly joined in the first half of 1966, when they were primarly appearing on Dutch TV that year. Willoway has made a pretty accurate list of the timeline on The Beat Girls thread.

Love the Flick gallery by the way

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc
I've changed the wording,

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Doc
I've replaced the table for the dancers that appeared on TOTP with one that looks a lot better. You can now click on the pictures as well to jump to the relevant posts. For consistency the pictures are now all from Heart of Glass (except Anita of course).
On the PP page I've addied a few pictures for each of the dancers. I've also cleaned up Flick's pictorial to make it look a lot tidier by putting pictures of a similar size on the same row. I'll do the same for the Legs and Co ones eventually.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

PansLegs
Doc wrote
I've also cleaned up Flick's pictorial to make it look a lot tidier by putting pictures of a similar size on the same row.
Great work Doc. I see you have used a couple of video grabs for Flick's gallery but the one from Make It With You isn't too good, so I thought you might like a better version...

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

PansLegs
I've just realised that the colour 'bales of hay' Pans group shot is flipped. Consequently some of the close ups used from that are also wrong.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

Getting screen grabs for Pan's is going to be difficult as most of what I have access to is relatively low quality. It was hard enough getting sharp Legs and Co grabs from the HD transmissions. It's extremely hard to get anything of Flick and Andi that's sharp. I'd like to use pictures from routines but I expect I'll have to use online pictures for them.

I'll help where I can with any screen grabs that need improvement.

OK, I've flipped Cherry and Louise and upgraded Flick's picture.

Re: Who are Legs and Co List, help required!

PansLegs
A few Andi grabs at 250x350 ...

12345