Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

Re: Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

PattiforPM
Platoon Radar is monitoring developments

Re: Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

Michael
Dolly wrote
I love her sassy, spunky personality and her dancing is incredible. She can dance very soft and poetically when the music calls for it and She can really let her hair down and shake it around when the music calls as well. She's the best mover and shaker. She has so much soul in her tiny, little body! She's like a lil Powerhouse! Plus she seems like she was loads of fun, the life of any party. So that's my choice of favorite dancer. Beautiful, Sassy, flawless, Lil Ruthie!💃
Hello Dolly 😃

Firstly, a very warm welcome to OFTDs! I’m a relative newbie myself, having only joined last September, but it’s safe to say I know a great deal more about Pan’s People now than before I signed up. I’ve also made some great friends, one of whom (Hanway2) I’ve actually met up with, and what a splendid time we had!

Secondly, I’d like to thank you for your enthusiastic and entertaining contribution to my thread. Though you make a very emphatic case for Ruth as your favourite, I’m happy that you took the time to compliment many of the other Top of the Pops dancers: as I’ve said before, though we may have our No.1 dancer, they were all members of troupes.

Your description of Ruth is utterly perfect, especially in the conclusion: “beautiful, sassy, flawless Lil Ruthie”. With these words, you have totally captured the essence of the delightful Ms Pearson.

Ruth is actually special to me, too, and without a doubt a very, very close second to Louise - a lady who inhabits a very special place within me for reasons that I described at length in an earlier post (March 6th) on this thread, which I’d love for you to read when time allows.

My hope is the one day, Hanway2 and VintageVideos (and you) will allow me to join the Ruthie Appreciation Society as an honorary Ruth Fan.

By the way, are you aware that I run a Facebook page dedicated to Louise? If you’re interested, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/virgoladydancer/

You may also be interested to know that I’ll soon be setting up a page dedicated to Ruth, for which I’ll be looking for contributors. Would this be something you’d like to involve yourself in, Dolly?

With my very best wishes,

Michael

PS: A little preview

rod

Re: Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

rod
Hi Hanway at last I have got round to posting a comment I am possible the oldest fan of Ruth 75 years young I always liked pocket rockets remember her from the beat room days always a fan of dance never miss strickley come dancing still trying to sus out forum cheers Rod c

Re: Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

Hanway2
Hello Rod. It is good to know about another Ruth fan. There seems to be a number of us around, thankfully. If you are 75 you might have some memories of Ruth and Pans that us youngsters. I am 58, are too young to have. I was about 12 or 13 when I really noticed her, so in the early 70s.
Do you have any specific memories that you could tell us about, I am sure many of us would be interested?
Hope you can work out how to use the Forum and post on here more often.
rod

Re: Why are you a *insert favourite dancer’s name here* fan?

rod
Thanks for the reply Hanway I don't think I can add anything more about Ruth and pans people that you don't already know I was into all groups in the 50s and 60s as well as pans I still listen to all the music bit of a music fanatic no music no life . as I a bit of a musician myself I like all styles rock tamler motown glam rock disco even a bit of punk exc exc shame their is not many dance groups now all the ones you see are on BGT they are very good but don't have the grace or feeling of pans apart  from that the girls then looked like real women beautiful as well and well spoken I could not imagine them on jerry kyle .pity ruth walked away from dancing but she was you right you start to feel it when you get to a certain age in dancing cheers mate  KEEP THE FAITH
123