YMG`s MESSAGE

  Young mister Grace.
  On behalf of all our contributers i have written this short message of thanks to you for your hard work in bringing us this blog. Your dedication to the cause is a thing to be admired. We are so grateful to you for your tireless efforts regarding requests and the fantastic postings that seem to better every time. The message board was a stroke of genius on your part. Your a man of great wisdom and a fair arbiter.

  As we end another year, hopefully we can look forward to more gems coming our way, on the superb platform that you supply. I for one bless the day i stumbled across this blog, the guys and gals on here  are first rate people, all with a burning passion for this stuff, as i have.

  We are unbreakable, staunchly loyal and immovable in our beliefs. With you at the helm sir we can push forward and advance in our quest.

  YMG--- YOU have done very well !

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

PattiForPM
Young Mr Grace I must add my thanks to Ryan's especially for your politeness and patience in answering all our requests and trying to satisfy our various concerns.  Enabling our little band to form has been a great service to us all and providing a forum for debate has given me personally a great deal of fun.  Thanks again YMG and one further favour to ask:  What made you start this up in the first place sir and what are your own memories of the "Dancing Girls" if I may make so bold?

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Suefan
Can I just echo the comments of the other lads and wish everyone a healthy and happy new year.

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Patti'sdaughter
YMG, i really would like to thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for this blog and allowing me to see my Mums performances.  It's also been great fun too.  I think that your doing a brilliant and fantastic job.  Your the coolest man ever.  Thank you so very much amy x
amy x

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Patti'sdaughter
YMG, can I please ask you a question please?  What made you decide to do a blog for tv dancers?  Who was your favourite and what was/is your favourite dance routine?  amy x
amy x

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Young Mister Grace
Thanks to everyone for your kind words.

Like lots of people on this forum, I grew up in the late sixties and early seventies, and Music, Top of the Pops, Pan's People and their successors where a big part of that. I've been trawling the internet for music, including musid video, since I got my first modem (19.2 Kb/S) in the mid nineties. BBS, Compuserve, Usenet, Hotline, Napster, Audiogalaxy, Gnutella, eDonkey2000, Kazaa, Soulseek, Limewire, GUBA, Stage 6, Bittorrent, all helped to confirm my catholic musical tastes: Fiftiies country & western, Seventies punk, Trindadian Calypso, Jamaican Mento, Krautrock, Thirties Jazz, oh, everything.

I found various clips of PP / Ruby / Legs as i trawled the internet for music performances: so the obvious next step was to do something with these clips.

And yes, of course I have a favourite Pan's Person, Legs Companion, Ruby Flipperer: I've got an overall favourite too. And favourite performances, outfits, hairstyles. I have strong opinions about who is the best dancer...

...but I'm keeping them to myself.

Because I do honestly like them all. And I don't want to say "You other guys are merely adequate." Which is I feel like I'm saying about everyone else as soon as I declare a favourite.

I'm pretty sure some of the beautiful and talented dancers involved in these performances have seen this blog, and what we're all writing about them.  And if they do, when they do, I want them to go away with an impression of enthusiastic appreciation, and warm affection. Not "You were good, but but not as good as your mates".

This is totally subjective and personal: I don't mean to criticise what everyone else is saying. It's fantastic to see you all chatting joking arguing and discussing the clips. Please keep going just the way you are. It's been great since you've all come along and joined, with your conversations, and of course all the clips you've generously sent.

So: Amy, Kacey, Ryan, Suefan, PattiforPM, Pans Rubty Legs, johnlegsfan, hadeel, and past contributors like ilovelulu, thank you all for making this such a success.

A happy new year to you all,

Young Mister Grace
You've all done vey well!

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

 Here here. Our leader has given his yearly address. Take on board what he says about sharing our love around. I for one do try to do this, indeed i`m proud of the fact i`ve started four tribute threads to different dancers, but i`m guilty of being a little one eyed in my preference to one particular dancer. I do hope some of our herorines do view this blog and our new message board. I feel confident that nothing to derogatory has ever been written about our ladies. I would like to think they read our comments with a light hearted gladness like we do. What do you think guys ?

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Suefan
I'm sure they do Ryan.  We are all having fun and at no-ones expense.

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Wow.  Neato.  I am not worthy.  Makes me wish I had been positive in all my posts about all dancers and routines.  Now I feel like a pleb but it is fun to argue (especially with Ryan).  Thanks again YMG

Re: YMG.end of year thanks.

Kace
Thankyou YMG, and yes our mums do read what we are writing. Its really nice and fantastic that you started this blog. kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx