YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Old Bill
Lulu selfies : *LIKE*

Floid on Candy Crush... share.

:-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Mikey
Well this is really a Cherry and Phil duet with the others reduced to minor roles in the background. Flick could have left Floyd out as he does not really add anything here, not his fault of course. The feather waving ladies look nice atop of yet another high platform (was that Flicks thing in 1976?) but thats about it.

The main dance is very good, both are adopting a dramatic approach rather than playing it straight. An odd mix of costumes, (are they supposed to spanish?) but they look great so no arguments from me there. I don't fully understand what Cherry does to annoy Phil, but her pleading leads to winning back his affections and the conclusion features to some very close dancing and lifting of Cherry from Phil. Good stuff and a nice relaxing soul song to boot.

8/10 DOTD Phil

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

This routine is one of many reasons why Ruby Flipper was a good idea.I don't think an all-girl dance would have been as good as this.Firstly the feather dancing by Lulu,Patti & Sue is simply beautiful.But the dancing by Phil & Cherry is wonderful.Phil really looks the part;he has the height and looks;he just looks perfect for this routine.Cherry is really good at conveying emotion and does a great job here.There is aching is their performance,also tension and joy.Overall i think this is one of Ruby Flipper's best.10/10
DotD:Cherry

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

PattiforPM
Your point is well made SuPaLu.  Thanks for returning to this Thread and reviewing these Dances, many of which are worth the time and effort, I think we'd both agree

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Old Grey Whistler
This was the only Ruby Flipper performance on TOTP on the 9th September 1976. For most of their tenure they performed at least twice. Had they performed a 2nd dance on this show then I have a feeling that this particular routine may have just been a Cherry / Phil duet. There isn't really any need for the others, although it has to be said that the other three girls make a very appealing sight performing a fan dance on a plinth that would surely fail health and safety guidelines nowadays. This may be the one occasion when the loss of Gavin is felt. Floid stuck out on his own looks totally lost and could have done with having someone dancing next to him. However the two main protagonists are both in sublime form with my only criticism being that their costumes are a bit dull.
This is the sort of routine which really shows the merit of Ruby Flipper. Neither Pans or Legs could have done a routine like this. My score is 9 out of 10
I can't separate Phil or Cherry so I would like to split DOTD between them.

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

PansLegs
A clever splitting of the dancers and there's enough going on that keeps the interest throughout with each element working well. The central figures of Cherry and Phil provide a very nice foreground which doesn't become stale thanks to a variety of shots and the background interest too. It's a tough choice between the two 'stars' of this one, but I think I'll give the male the honour for a change. DotD Phil and 7.5. As for Jimmy saying "yes in Dee Dee" several times... errr... Dee Dee wasn't in it! ha ha

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Dancer
This was such a beautiful song and Lou Rawls voice is just like velvet.  This had copious airplay on national and commercial radio and one would have thought it would have afforded a much higher placing in the charts.

This was a very dangerous record to dance to this week as the previous week it was at No.12 falling from No.11 and normally when records dropped a place they did go straight up the chart the following week in 1976 but not when they were this high so to anyone the No.11 position would have been its pinnacle.  I get the distinct feeling that this routine was a "rushed 24 hour job" but it was truly lovely.

Cherry and Phil were fantastic together.  She looked lovely in her outfit and high heels.  I always spend most of my time looking at Cherry because she interpreted the lyrics so well.  Phil was good too but his outfit did nothing for me.  The girls in the background were good but Floyd did nothing at all.  I get the feeling Flick a copious time on Cherry and Phil and the background dancers had just 10 minutes rehearsal.

I will award Cherry as best dancer to this and for the dance as a whole I will issue 9.5 out of ten.  It would have been ten but Floyd is really not needed.

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

mojo2007
Patti had no mercy on those of us with heart problems. I have to see a doctor immediately.  Not a  perfect number  but worth a 9.

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

The Rubberband Man
Cherry and Phil put in a wonderful performance here, but I’m fascinated by the three beautiful girls on top of the right hand podium, teasing us with their light blue feather fans. A follow up routine based just on this would be welcome.
I’m not sure what Floyd’s role is, but he does well to stay atop a very small podium.

I’m going to use the Joker thing that’s available on the RF Comments threads, and nominate both Cherry and Phil for DotD.

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

PattiforPM
Thanks again for your attention lads.  Floid's role is indeed mysterious RBM, I'm just glad he wasn't given small feathers

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

AC/PD
Ruby Flipper go a stage further down the old one-two route. With Cherry's dance with Zorro being the main focus of attention, one wonders whether Flick initially envisaged this routine as a duet but was then either given the news that the other two thirds were ready and available or might have been added to the mix after a planned additional dance fell through/down the charts. Although I kept expecting Floid to be given a brief tap-dancing solo halfway through and was slightly dismayed by the attention shortage on the lovely showgirl trio (Was a feather-dance out of the question?) the elevated aides provide distraction-free support for the romantic pairing. Must admit that it took a couple of glances to be rid of the thought that Lee had returned for a one off atop the winged tower.

8/10
DOTD: Phil

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Everything'sRosie
Well, here's a dance I knew nothing about...until today. It's great to have something like this to wake-up to on a chilly September morning, and makes the coming Ruby polls all the more welcome for the novice like me. I remember the song, another silky soul classic, so commonplace in the 60s and 70s. I'm not sure Cherry should be so submissive to latino romantic Phil, these things tend to end in tears. Go find someone more reliable, girl! Despite their passionate cavortings though, I instinctively find myself consumed with the naughty goings-on concerning podium two!

A bit of a mish-mash, but deserving of an EIGHT

Dancers of the Day. It would be churlish to seperate the two so shared honours for the Cherry/Phil combo.

Re: YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE

Doc
Sue the filmed day before her 21st birthday and she’s rewarded us by being (very nearly) in the most appropriate suit! Now need to breath deeply and calm down.
Good to see Lloyd back!
123