YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- TOTPs dance number 10 by Legs & Co
Performed by THE STYLISTICS and reaching No 24 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  -- 16/12/76 Duration of dance 3.17 mins
Dancers -- Gill,Lulu,Pauline,Rosie,Sue
A link to the dance http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=2217

`9 out of 10` from me.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Suefan
Another soothing routine as five gorgeous angels, who look a lot like Gill, Lulu, Rosie, Sue and Pauline, glide gently about for some 3.18 up in the clouds before the pearly gates, reminding us all to behave ourselves in matters of the heart.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

PattiForPM
Looks like Heaven is missing an angel, more's the pity

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Hey thanks for the pic and info Suefan. So this is the first dance were one of our dancers is absent.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Lookmacinanger
Ah...... The Stylistics always better heard not seen! I still imagine Russell Thompkins Jr taking in gulps of helium between verses. Five angels at the pearly gates spot on for a song like this. 7/10

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Adorable Gillusion
Nice picture of Gill Suefan...thanks for sharing. Would you mind if i added it to the Gill screen caps thread?

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Suefan
No worries AG, please add to the screen caps thread if you wish.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Andeebee
wow what a waste of not seeing this

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Old Bill
Looks wonderful... I can only dream that something like that is awaiting me at the Pearly Gates (should I go in that direction...!!)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN

Andeebee
well if like me OB I'm gonna party to odd legs clips in the opposite direction

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- 1976

As for the song, well was this some kind of re-release as i notice the YT link clip says 1972 ?
This is indeed a track from their 1972 album "Round 2", and while it had made it to No. 23 on the Billboard Charts (US) in 1973, the record had not seen a single release in the UK. Instead, "Peek-A-Boo" was chosen as a single in Britain.
After the Stylistics had become really big in the UK in 1975/1976, a 4-track EP was released with this song as the featured track (plus three others from 1971 to 1975). It only climbed to No. 24 though.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- 1976

PaulF
No video, shame but can't be less than a 7/10 because Sue's in it.
Paul

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

VintageVideos
The clip does exist but it's not publicly available.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

Old Grey Whistler
A very welcome addition to our archives, this routine features plenty of enchanting close-ups. The choreography is very literal but that is something that has never really bothered me. Plenty of dry ice which I don't mind for once as it seems quite appropriate. The costumes aren't too dissimilar to those worn by the RF girls in Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel.
This to me though feels more like a Pans People performance than a Legs & Co one, and I can really imagine Pans dancing to this. Maybe that's because the song was originally from their era.
I will give a score of 8 out of 10. Pauline seems to catch my eye the most and gets DOTD.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

Suefan
One of Flick's more literal efforts but like OGW that never bothers me, and in this instances it works very well indeed.  I'm struggling to identify a Dotd but for the routine I'm going for 8.5.

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

Doc
Shame on the BBC for wiping this and well done to PVL Ken for taping it and for some reason never recording over it, even if you did want £20000 for the tapes. A nice watchable routine that probably seems better because you were not supposed to see it again 9/10.
Dotd: Pauline looks very angelic!

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

Mikey
Stepping back in the time machine once again, the final Legs and Co routine for 1976 has now (at long last) arrived on the good ship OFTD. Good news indeed, and in fact this is an orignal and quite elaborate set up for the time as we arrive at the cloud based gates of heaven only to find Legs and Co as some sweet winged angels. To be fair the track is average, but Legs and Co deliver the goods here and the result is little short of brilliant, no Patti sadly maybe she was at home repairing her wings, 8.5/10. DOTD Rosie

Re: YOU`LL NEVER GET TO HEAVEN -- [December]

PattiForPM
A sweet performance with all 5 ladies very appealing and the Pearly Gates in the background and it would surely be churlish to be critical.  The song is a little saccharine for my buds but the dance is faithful to it and deserves 8/10  in my book.  A full choir would have been even more appreciated.  Thanks again to the anon donor for making this public appraisal a reality.  No-one really soars above the others but if I were put under pressure (which I am quite sure I will be if I ever get anywhere near those Gates) I'd choose Rosie who seems ultra angelic.