YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Doc
I think you need new glasses! He looks more like Mike Rutherford.

Still living in 1979

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Dancer
LOL.  It really looks like him though.  Is the tall blonde guy John Miles and the tall guy with Rosie from T-Connection.   Had a look at the charts from this week and these were charting.  If they were from the audience they were very very lucky.  I would have so loved to have been in that audience but I would have chosen Pauline as she would have been as tall as me.

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Dancer
Just had a look at the line up from this edition.  10cc were not on there so congratulations you are all correct.  Well Sue had the better looking one.  Still jury out on John Miles though as he performed but agree some of the others are too well attired to be pop stars.  Thank you for the responses.  Such a lovely routine even though Floyd is in it.

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Dancer wrote
No, best quit on that theory Dancer. The top and bottom of it is that they were just audience members. You may or may not be mixed up with `Brown Girl In The Ring` from 1978, when male performers from that evenings show danced with Legs.

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Dancer
Thanks Ryan.  I remember one routine where they danced with others and you have just named it.  Too well turned out for John Miles.  Lucky audience.

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

A deified Robert Powell ?

Re: YOU`RE GONNA GET NEXT TO ME -- [June]

Dancer
Been playing this routine over and over lately and also the song on repeat.  It surely is a lovely routine.  Fifth Dimension certainly had some good vocalists in the group and seemed to fair better on their own as duos.  As a group they really did not do much in this country but always felt One Less Bell to Answer should have been a huge hit here.  Also their renditions of Bacharach & David songs were really good.  Their only bad apple was their version of Diana Ross's Love Hangover which had extensive airplay on Rosko's Saturday Morning show on Radio 1.  Never took to it.