YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM (BUT I LIKE IT) -- 22/04/1976

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

BeautifulBabs
Likes:
Sue's outfit
Girl pairs
Fun

Dislike:
outfit colours a bit too random
would have liked 4 girls - where is Lee ?
Mary's outfit
gawky expressions - sorry Mary

dotd Sue
one of the best 1976 routines given they would have known at the time that pans were coming to an end.
8.5 from me

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

VintageVideos
BeautifulBabs wrote
would have liked 4 girls - where is Lee ?
Err.. there are 4 girls! Or did you mean to say 5 girls? Then you could ask this same question for every routine after April 1, as Lee left Pan's People at the beginning of April 1976. I hope this won't affect your ratings for routines such as "More, More, More" and "Theme From Mahogany"...

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

BB, I think Lee was last seen in the jungle brandishing a blunderbuss on the hunt for dancing animals.

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

PattiForPM
Yup Mikey, word is she saw Floid, Gavin and Phil coming and scarpered

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

Shame coz Lee was a fine looking gal, tall and not to bad a dancer. Wonder what she did next ?

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

Well at last now we know who it was in those outfits

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

VintageVideos wrote
 Or did you mean to say 5 girls?
err yes
but bore bore bore is in for it either way Vin

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

PansLegs
This is another one of those 'Fab Four' routines as I call them - a late era gem. Certainly everything is firing on all four cylinders as far as I am concerned with a variety of costumes, a diverse selection of shots, good moves and the right amount of humour.

The music is a quirky, upbeat number with some amusing electronic style squeaks and suits Pans down to the ground. Everyone is great in this and all seem to be enjoying the performance so it is very difficult to pick one out of the four for DotD. For a well played opening bit of humour in response to the title of the song, I choose Mary. 9.5/10

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

mojo2007
I really must catch up with ratings , so lets have a look here. Wow, Sue  has caught my eye immediately so lets put her as DOTD. Nice clear view of cheery number, but nothing I can whistle so give it an 8.
mojo

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

Dancer
I thought I had commented on this one so feel I must have discussed it on another thread.  I had never heard the song until this routine was played.  The routine itself was really beautiful.  Really enjoyed the interactions with the girls and Ruth's outfit was excellent including her footwear.  Really annoyed that this song never appeared on any CD collection of mine.  I will award the dance nine out of ten and best dancer is awarded to Ruth.

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
Really annoyed that this song never appeared on any CD collection of mine.
The track has rarely been included on CD. I've got it on this collection:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Northern-Soul-Anthems-Various-Artists/dp/B0028ERCQG

I noticed that the price has gone up considerably since I bought it (I only paid about £5.75 four years ago)!
Be warned though that the track is in mono and has probably been transferred from vinyl. The single can be bought quite cheaply if you still have a turntable.

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM -- 1976

Dancer
Many thanks VV.  I must get this in vinyl form as it never dates at all.  It should have gone higher but of course Northern Soul never really got much (if at all) airplay on Radio 1.

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM (BUT I LIKE IT) -- 22/04/1976

MADMAX
Don't recall this song in OZ. Has a good rhythm. I liked the routine plenty of movement and rotation so you could see all the girls. there were only four girls but they certainly got with the sexy sugar plum and I did like it!!   9

Re: YOU SEXY SUGAR PLUM (BUT I LIKE IT) -- 22/04/1976

Doc
There were only 4 in the final weeks of Pan's People following Lee's departure.