Quantcast

Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Links now up for 02/07/81 (DLT) and 09/07/81 (900th Special with Saville and his old chums)

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Thanks Mikey

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Just done it Legsfan, but thanks anyway

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
I've reversed the order of the listings on the first post so that the most recent (in this case 06/08/81) now appears at the top.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

VintageVideos
Thanks Mikey. Meer's version of 06-08-1981 is a bit weird as it starts from a home recording (probably from the PVL) up to and including Tight Fit (in the correct aspect ratio) and then switches, for the Top 10 countdown, the No. 1 and the playout, to a recording from UK Gold in stretched mode, probably because the PVL recording misses the No. 1 record.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Good spot Vin, glad they did though as i think the Green Door video only gets shown here

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I really hope Meer or Manorak or someone equally awesome gets up the Yewtree'd 20th August edition sometime this week or I'm going to have a week with no TOTP
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

VintageVideos
Popscene has posted two links where you can watch/download the show:

http://z6.invisionfree.com/popscene/index.php?showtopic=13990&view=findpost&p=22095181

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

I've put up a link to a Youtube version, which misses the number one but thats not a big deal, its a repeat of Shakey anyway. Rosie never made it to Georgia hope that doesn't put you off.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Dancer
Sad that we wont see Rainy Night in Georgia in high res.  I really loved this routine and Anita interpreted this beautifully.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Enjoyable edition, I'm thinking maybe U2's debut on the show? They looked soooo young....and their hair!

It must be one of the best ever examples of Sods Law, or maybe it's just me, but it seems like all the best Legs performances of 1981 are on Yewtree'd editions! Would love to have seen more of them in HD.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Legsfan
Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
 it seems like all the best Legs performances of 1981 are on Yewtree'd editions!
I was thinking that too! but I am very grateful that the Yewtree'd performances are on the OFTD's DM and YT channels.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Andeebee
Legsfan wrote
Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
 it seems like all the best Legs performances of 1981 are on Yewtree'd editions!
I was thinking that too! but I am very grateful that the Yewtree'd performances are on the OFTD's DM and YT channels.
Shucks thanks Legsfan

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
We now have a Vimeo version courtesey of Meer, so ive replaced the YT one.

Now into a Patti-less month, shes missing out the last few decent routines before October

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

PattiForPM
Yes Patti misses some really good dances in the next few weeks.  Good to see you're honouring her with your lovely Avatar though Mikey

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Thanks P4PM, is it known why she was absent?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Double . That also puts a big dent in her chances of holding on to her lead in the 1981 DOTD.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

I sense the platoon are not happy

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Gorgeous Daze
Indeed. I now recall mention of a Patti-less spell some time ago. But I'd forgotten about it until now. It makes 'the end' seem much nearer.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey wrote
 is it known why she was absent?
My recollection is that we're not absolutely sure Mikey, but there has been strong suspicion of some kind of an injury.  Patti seemed to twist an ankle in Take it to the Top in June and was seen in one of the later backing routines with a knee support on.  Dose anyone else recall any info because I know we've discussed this before?