Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
First forbidden show of 1985 now available to watch, January 10th with Mike Smith and Mike Read.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b6ecf9988ea4c5b8a937bfcee728d8e820180113200531/67838d

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
And here's a vimeo version

https://vimeo.com/251075415

10/01/85 (Mike Read & Mike Smith)
Strawberry Switchblade – “Since Yesterday” (32)
ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man” (33) (video)
Alison Moyet – “Invisible” (21)
Thompson Twins – “Lay Your Hands On Me” (13) (rpt from 20/12/84)
Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson – “I Know Him So Well” (34)
Bronski Beat – “It Ain’t Necessarily So” (19)

Top 10 videos
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "The Power Of Love" (10) (video clip)
Paul Young - "Everything Must Change" (9) (video clip)
Ray Parker Jr - "Ghostbusters" (8) (video clip)
Tears For Fears - "Shout" (7) (video clip)
The Toy Dolls - "Nellie The Elephant" (6) (video clip)
Paul McCartney & The Frog Chorus - "We All Stand Together" (5) (video clip)
Foreigner – “I Want To Know What Love Is” (4) (video)
Madonna - "Like A Virgin" (3) (video clip)
Wham! - "Last Christmas" (2) (video clip)
Band Aid – “Do They Know It’s Christmas” (1) (video)

Council Collective - "Soul Deep" (26) (audience dancing/credits)

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Magicmarker
Would appreciate if anyone spots a link to unedited version of 17/01/85 with JK US countdown intact.

Thanking you in advance.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Magicmarker
Here is a link I spotted to the full unedited 17/01/85 including JK US countdown:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d9ca8f3198d710899aebf67287b49b3520180119210811/2bafed

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
24/1/85 (Mike Smith and Steve Wright)

The Top 40 Breakers segment makes its debut in this show.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/64f4f084d77db66b570a0a736568b2f620180121233053/8fcb57

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
The sound seemed a bit muffled on this copy, here are the studio performances with better sound

Chaka Khan – This Is My Night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeK0Qe7Jyb0

Strawberry Switchblade – Since Yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKQNjexWu3M

James Ingram - Yah Mo Be There
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tKmL9rvIg

King – Love & Pride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0t1QRMiFA

Kirsty MacColl – A New England (Playout)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQnhbsiTGU

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Doc
Sounds like the BBC are not going to show 21/03/85 for some unknown reason.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

PattiforPM
KAL FB says something about a damaged Master I think

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Everything'sRosie
Not of broadcast quality apparently. Must be quite bad as they showed that Diddy Hamilton vhs a few years back, and it is only BBC4 after all.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
The excerpts in The Story of 1985 weren’t that bad and were actually watchable. A real shame.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
This means we will miss four in five shows, 28/2, 14/3 and 28/3 are all Mike Smith hosted.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
28/2/85 (Mike Smith and Peter Powell)

https://we.tl/q9PFsktqdJ

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

nearlydeadat50
Thanks for that - shame the previously posted links have expired for the other missing episodes.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
28/3/85 (Mike Smith and Peter Powell)

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/cc7628be78221e189d3b1d43b96222c620180208202428/82b83b

Still waiting for 14/3 and 21/3

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
Neil B has put them on 4shared Zenon

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Magicmarker
This post was updated on .
Found 14th on 4shared but can't find 21st, if anyone can post the link I would be grateful.

PS. No worries, found it on wetransfer.

https://www.4shared.com/folder/ro1Qm6os/_online.html

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
Heres 18th April

https://www.4shared.com/video/X9HsFIk1ei/TOTP_1985-04-18.html

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

ALEXMITCH1
i offered them a VHS-DVD copy I had, a few weeks ago, but got the reply, it was not necessary. DVD transfer looked good and I'm sure with their technical capability, could have improved it to be shown. Very strange!

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
I believe it was the flashing lights during the Nick Kershaw performance that saw this ep banned, whilst they are noticeable its not that bad, and nothing compared to the Legs - Disco Inferno performance, which was shown.