Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

For those who may not have seen the Patti mishap in `Take It To The Top` then it can be seen at 1 minute 51 seconds on below link. A blink and you miss it moment.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40pqi8_legs-co-take-it-to-the-top-totp-tx-18-06-1981_school

There could be a number of reasons why Patti missed about 4 or 5 weeks but id say injury must be the number one theory on this. Im not sure the stumble in the above routine is the culprit though as it was back in June, but as with most things Patti, i doubt we will ever find out.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Ok, i suspected injury related of some sort, of course the majority of their dancing and training is off screen so it could have been anytime, or a long term thing.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
First post updated with the 10th of September show.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Legsfan
https://vimeo.com/165021562
The vimeo 10th September 1981

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Cheers LF, i've added the link.

It seems like UKGold put an ad break just before the number one, how annoying would that have been back then

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Nice to see Alvin Stardust back on TOTP, definitely one of the good guys
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Forgot to mention, there is a Yewtreed show (DLT) this week sandwiched between Thursdays and Fridays shows. If anyone finds a link please post and i wlll add to the first post.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Here is the 8th October 1981 edition
https://vimeo.com/166800605

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Looks like all the vimeo liniks are broken. Have they had a clampdown?
You've all done vey well!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Willoway
The link above plays fine for me however this has just been posted, all the earlier ones are gone.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

All of the links work for me except 30/04 & 11/06.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Young Mister Grace wrote
Looks like all the vimeo liniks are broken. Have they had a clampdown?
Microsoft Edge wouldn't open the links, but good old Internet Explorer managed to do so. Probably something to do with Edge being really awful!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Great work as always Mikey in getting links to the 2 latest Yewtree'd shows, I really can't thank you enough, to think I would never have seen any of these shows if it wasn't for you, Top Man.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
What was "The Bullet" then? A sky-platform TV channel? A program on UK Gold? I'm intrigued.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Colm
"The Bullet" was a programme strand on UK Gold around 1996-1997, where late-night shows were targeted towards male viewers, so there was a focus on detective shows, films like, erm, "Bullitt", and for some reason, episodes of TOTP.

This was around the time UK Gold started showing archive episodes of "Match of the Day" on Saturday mornings, but this seemed to dodge "The Bullet" branding.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Doc
22/10/81 can be found here:
https://vimeo.com/161347015

(I see it's already on the first post)

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Thanks for the compliment RNOF.

DLTs last 1981 show 11th November is now up. So we lose legs and co and gain obnoxious yank Jonathan King!, is that progress Michael Hurll?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Doc
I liked the USA chart update idea more than Zoo and I'm sure it helped a few American acts get success over here. It'll be interesting if the BBC bottle it and cut it out.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
They might just stick that section on the later repeat, i don't think they can cut him completely can they?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Terrible news xrayfour and Meer's videos have been taken down on Vimeo so most of those Yewtree links are now invalid.
I guess (C) BBC MCMLXXXI is not just for show!