Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
26th June 1986
https://we.tl/t-qIZ1XeoiAp

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
July 17th 1986 now available to watch.

https://we.tl/t-teynDzhJlb

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Who's That Hurll
Thanks Zenon. We see a clip of the wonderful 'The Promise You Made' in the breakers, but unfortunately it stuck at no.28 in the UK charts. Apparently there were distribution problems that prevented it matching the Top 10 successes across Europe. Cock Robin did perform the song on Wogan, although it's missing the first minute or so here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUt_0WL6pc

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
7th August 1986
Low quality complete BBC version - https://we.tl/t-DoSBis1Knw
Incomplete, but better quality - https://we.tl/t-ayjNBQEyiq

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
7th August 1986
Complete version https://we.tl/t-7rSDEKwPF2

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Doc
Is anyone able to put the 17 July episode up again, I thought I’d downloaded it but can’t find it anywhere.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

VintageVideos
Go here:

https://we.tl/t-BPFapnxPjj

Thanks for that.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
All the Top of the Pops' are uploaded here permanently.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/popscene/google-drive-link-to-totp-shows-t14370.html

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
Impressive

They're mostly low quality but better than nothing, I've managed to fill a few gaps. A few of the early 1970 ones appear to be an attempt to partially recreate the show with available clips.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Legsfan
I’ve only just notced the whole collection. I thought only the 80s had been uploaded.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

The Rubberband Man
^^^ Thanks for the Link Zenon ^^^

That's one of the best TOTPs I've seen in a long time.
Starts with Samantha Fox doing a 50's rock n roll Kim Wilde thing, that's followed by Run DMC and an 80's classic. Next is Cutting Crew in the TOTPs studio, and they're followed by the excellent Psychedelic Furs with Butler looking very Bowie-esque in this performance. The Eurythmics and Cameo are in the Breakers, Jermaine Stewart is back in the studio, we get to see The Communards video as they're still at #1, and the show closes with Peter Cetera's “Glory Of Love”.
Amazing show, and such a cultural / artistic loss that this edition won't be shown by the BBC.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
2/10/86

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/c31ba1149810c1fd4de17bfc65f4b44420181117014424/8b4ca5

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

zenon
November 13th 1986 in time for tonight. (although you may have to watch out of sequence)

https://we.tl/t-vPXENi5WbH
HG

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

HG
It's a shame that they could not show these shows and just edit out the host.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Thanks for the link, Zenon.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

HG wrote
It's a shame that they could not show these shows and just edit out the host.
Indeed, it's bad enough losing the Smith shows but even more so the DLT and Savile ones. So many L&C routines which never got to be dusted off for a new audience on BBC4.

Re: Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Mikey
I've removed all the links from the first page as most were no longer working, however i have put the link to the google drive previously posted.