Quantcast

Yewtreed & Mike Smith Shows

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Doc
Get them as soon as possible as they all get blocked or taken down sooner or later.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
They don't seem to mind the odd one but put up quite a few and eventually they will be removed. Anyway, i've tidied the first page to remove any dead links.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Mikey wrote
 So we lose legs and co and gain obnoxious yank Jonathan King!, is that progress Michael Hurll?
Believe me, there has never been a human being that I have found more repulsive than Jonathan King.

I'd rather have a cup of tea with Savile, Glitter and Travis than be in the same room as King!
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Legsfan wrote

Terrible news xrayfour and Meer's videos have been taken down on Vimeo so most of those Yewtree links are now invalid.
I guess (C) BBC MCMLXXXI is not just for show!
Honestly, this is so petty and small-minded of the BBC. They wont show us the programmes but they wont let us see the programmes for ourselves either. If anything Meer and Manorak etc are helping to spread the popularity of BBC products by making them available. I could understand the BBC stopping people uploading eps that have been on BBC4 in order to maximise use of iplayer, but not episodes that they've Yewtre'd. That's just petty and vindictive.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Here is a link to the 12th November edition
https://vimeo.com/169080357

I feel that it is a little unfair to associate DLT with these others.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

PattiForPM
Sadly I think Jonathan King is very British indeed and I like coffee myself but I'd certainly invite DLT

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Thanks Legsfan!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Willoway
This is the very edition where Clive Clarke (Zoo dancer) in "the story of 1981" talks about a knee injury and how he was threatened with replacement with Kelly Marie's dancers (I'm not sure if humorously or not) if he couldn't do the performance.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

SB has uploaded the full Christmas 1981 edition on Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/169471183

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Ok great, i'll put that up after the next set, could do with 10th December as well now and thats it for 81.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Legsfan
Popscene says it was repeated on uk gold so I hope it turns up very soon.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
Havent see the whole thing so far but an impressive set for that Xmas show and a big improvement on last years effort. Nice to see a bit of John Peel too.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Legsfan
Its a real shame that edition didn't turn up and thats the only edition I'm missing for a complete 1981

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

VintageVideos
Legsfan wrote
Its a real shame that edition didn't turn up and thats the only edition I'm missing for a complete 1981
I have a UK Gold copy if that helps.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Legsfan
It does! I have contacted through the usual way

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Thats '81 finished lets hope we get the Yewtree editions for '82

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Mikey
10-12-81 link now posted.

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Really good episode. I had forgotten Abba were still going tbh, thought they had disbanded by now.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: This Weeks Missing Shows

Willoway
it's the sort of thing that's hard to measure in retrospect, but I think they were now in their chronically unfashionable period, from which they didn't emerge perhaps till Muriel's Wedding.
...is she really going out with him?