Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
A reduced field for one reason or another, but it appears everyone voted for Hello Mary lou. I also voted for Big Bad John which I had expected to win, and The Allisons (no relation to Big Mal I trust).
Exactly the same voting and thoughts as me ER
I thought John Leyton on his record sleeve looks as though he's about to deck somebody.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

PattiforPM
I'm surprised that Big Bad John didn't crush Mary Lou too but I did vote for both of them with the Allisons my third

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

AC/PD
P4PM - So did I !
As did fellow initialists TRBM and ER.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

 Don’t worry, merely a reflection of the time, Ryan. We cannot change history, no matter how much we would like to sometimes.
Looking forward to that classic year in the 70s already. Will it be early or late 70s I wonder?
Is this the first time everybody has voted for the same record, does anyone know?

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

MADMAX
First two where fairly obvious, made my third Eddy, not one of his better tracks though.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

The Rubberband Man
The original ending to Big Bad John was "At the bottom of this mine lies one hell of a man" but that was thought to be too controversial and got changed at the last moment. And apparently Big Bad John survived the mine disaster - he was rescued by "Queenie", Big John's Cajun Queen. How fortunate for him was that?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

PattiforPM wrote
I'm surprised that Big Bad John didn't crush Mary Lou too but I did vote for both of them with the Allisons my third
AC/PD wrote
P4PM - So did I !
As did fellow initialists TRBM and ER.
Me too! Voted for the same three. Liked them all about the same so no expectations as to most votes but a little surprised The Allisons didn't reach the top three.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

The Rubberband Man wrote
The original ending to Big Bad John was "At the bottom of this mine lies one hell of a man" but that was thought to be too controversial and got changed at the last moment. And apparently Big Bad John survived the mine disaster - he was rescued by "Queenie", Big John's Cajun Queen. How fortunate for him was that?
Crikey, bet he was sore afterwards!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

I only knew two of these so I voted for them both. They were Big Bad John which I knew from the political show 'This Week' and Hello Mary Lou - although I prefer the Creedence Clearwater Revival version of the song.
I listened to the others on You Tube and didn't really like any of them, but Wild Wind was just a bit better than the rest.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1961.

Who's That Hurll wrote
It's hello again to another no.2s poll. Not a bad selection for seven songs, although a few more options might have pepped it up a bit.
1. Big Bad John  2. Hello Mary Lou  3. Pepe.