Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 16th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

What prevented them from reaching number 1 ?
Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow - [Moon River]

Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore - [The Young Ones]

Chubby Checker - Let’s Twist Again - [The Young Ones]

Helen Shapiro - Tell Me What He Said - [Wonderful Land]

Roy Orbison - Dream Baby - [Wonderful Land]

Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby - [Wonderful Land]

Del Shannon - Hey! Little Girl - [Wonderful Land]

Cliff Richard - Do You Want To Dance/I’m Looking Out The Window - [Good Luck Charm]

Joe Brown - A Picture Of You - [Come Outside]

Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales - [I Remember You]

Bobby Darin - Things - [I Remember You]

Cliff Richard - It’ll Be Me - [She’s Not You]

Little Eva - The Loco-motion - [Telstar]

Chris Montez - Let’s Dance - [BOTH - Telstar & Lovesick Blues]

Del Shannon - Swiss Maid - [Lovesick Blues]

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Well i find it a very bland year with hardly anything to get excited about. Id say i had to resort to YouTube for 60% of these and even then they hardly jogged any memories. The only consolation, its a year out of the way. My 3 selections are a couple of Yanks and an Englishman.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

AC/PD
At least half-a-dozen immediate, varied contenders worthy of the No.1 spot itself in this set of Runners-up.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Caracalla
I was born in September of that year so my memory of the ones even from the last quarter if the year is a bit hazy.
63 was the first year I got excited. Apparently I used to sit in my high chair singing Yeah, yeah, yeah! to the Beatles.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

VintageVideos
Amazingly there are at least two songs in the list that Pan's People danced to, possibly even three. Can't be such a bad year really!
You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
I'll have to have a session on Spotify or something to get to know many of these records. Less than half jump out at me, and some I'm more familiar with the cover version than the original.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

PattiforPM
I see at least two rebellious young men without neck ties on their sleeve pics: what's wrong with "today's" youth?  I need some time listening this time too.....

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

 What this! I see a pair of horn blowing English Jazzmen at the top of this chart. Go Kenny! Go Acker! Pity I have decided not to choose either of them. Nor am I shouting Let’s Dance, for a memorable Pan’s routine in years to come. Neither have I stuck  or twist with Chubby this year, though sorely tempted.
 I am on train ride to the shop to trade in my green stamps for A drink,  and hallucinate about the object of my desire. After plenty Tequila with Pat and Rosita, no doubt!
1962, is quite an interesting year. The Cuban Missile Crisis, the World Cup in Chile, Telstar for example. And pop culture was about to explode in many ways with the Beatles, Merseybeat and the like just waiting in the wings to take centre stage. Out with the old fogeys!

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Hanway2 wrote
 And pop culture was about to explode in many ways with the Beatles, Merseybeat and the like just waiting in the wings to take centre stage. Out with the old fogeys!
I think you've summed up 1962 quite nicely there with those couple of sentences.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
I've heard of just six of these. A session on YT is required. Cliff Richard put out so many records back then, yet few are remembered nowadays.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Old Grey Whistler
I'll probably just end up doing what I did last summer.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Michael
There are so many tracks amongst this year's No2's I could choose — some real 'bangers', as is the vernacular amongst my Music Btech students 😆

After a little consideration, I've decided to cast my votes in favour of a Stranger in Moscow, who's armed with a multi-function penknife.

Thank you for compiling these polls, Ryan; I really enjoy them.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
I actually found I really liked many of these. I went with a timeless classic so evocative you can hear the sea lapping on the rocks; a schoolgirl with a big big voice; and a good ol' London boy.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

TheOtherOne
I went for the two British jazz men and the alliterated American with a weight problem. Another vote of thanks to Ryan for organising these very enjoyable polls on charts of the past.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Who's That Hurll
I didn't have to go too far down the list for my three. It looks like I've matched TheOtherOne's choices.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

CoffeeThing
Mmmmmmm, jazz, nice. I thought there were some good ones here and only a couple I didn't recognise once YouTubed. Oddly, I've seen three of them in concert and have a few albums of two. Anyway, I went for two iconic British jazz men and a bloke with his Bruvvers.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

I think there was a tedious few months in mid 1962

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
Who'd have thought there would be so much daylight at that time of night in Moscow?    👀

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

For this poll my first vote goes to the British girl singer. The next goes to one of the best singer in pop. And that was the big O. And the last one is written by the brilliant Carol King.
12