Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Gorgeous Daze
I've voted for a song eventually performed by Mike Read and danced to by the amazing Julie Brown on Crackerjack, an instrumental for a lazy day, and something I knew well but had no idea who recorded it.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
I like the top 20%

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Poor Cliff's having a stinker in this one !

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
Good

I went for Mr Bilk, Mr Orbison and Mr Montez.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
I voted for Mr Acker Bilk, but my other two fared less well. Surprised Helen Shapiro only had two votes. Imho, Tell Me What He Said is a bona fide pop classic. I also voted for Joe Brown who was doing rockney many years before Chas & Dave "invented" it.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

CoffeeThing
I went for three Bs, Ball, Bilk and Brown.
This week, I are be mostly eating Brussels sprouts

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

I voted for Chubby Checker, Little Eva and Roy Orbison. Chris Montez would have been my fourth choice. I don't mind Acker Bilk but wasn't expecting him to win. I think what put me off Strangers On The Shore, was having spent long periods listening to it on a loop while stuck on hold.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

PattiforPM
Orbison, Montez and Little Eva for me.  Acker Bilk would have been my fourth

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

AC/PD
Bilk, Bruce and Brown.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Vin wrote
Orbison Ball, Montez and Little Eva for me.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
I voted for Kenny Ball & His Jazzmen, Mr Acker Bilk, and Chubby Checker.
I would have voted for Little Eva and I’m really delighted to see she made it into second place, but The Loco-motion for me has just been so overplayed that it’s lost its appeal over time.

Chubby Checker did alright, marrying Miss World 1962. It's good to be 'The King of the Twist'.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

Who's That Hurll
1. Midnight in Moscow  2. Stranger on the Shore  3. Let's Twist Again

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1962.

I voted for Helen Shapiro for a fab song. Then Roy Orbison and last of all Little Eva.
12