Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Following on from our number 1's poll, this is the 25th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

The Beatles - Please Please Me - [BOTH - Wayward Wind & Summer Holiday]

Ned Miller - From A Jack To A King - [How Do You Do It?]

Andy Williams - Can’t Get Used To Losing You - [From Me To You]

Jet Harris & Tony Meehan - Scarlett O’Hara - [From Me To You]

Billy J Kramer & The Dakotas - Do You Want To Know A Secret? - [From Me To You]

The Shadows - Atlantis - [I Like It]

Freddie & The Dreamers - I’m Telling You Now - [Bad to Me]

Cliff Richard - It’s All In The Game - [She Loves You]

Crystals - Then He Kissed Me - [Do You Love Me?]

The Searchers - Sugar And Spice - [You’ll Never Walk Alone]

Cliff Richard - Don’t Talk To Him - [She Loves You]

I never realised until making this list that The Beatles six weeks at number 1 for `She Loves You` was in two different spells at the top. Four weeks initially from September and then again for a further two weeks in December. Hence why it keeps Cliff from the top in both September and December with different songs by him.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

I found the process of whittling this down to three that really stood out from the rest to be quite a simple procedure. Two thirds Brit, with my other third going Stateside.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Gorgeous Daze
A long odds-on favourite which seems to have frightened away most of the opposition! Half of the remainder of which I have to YouTube.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Michael
I like every single (geddit?) one of these tracks, but have managed to whittle it down to three.

I've gone for the two instrumentals, and the Searchers' number in memory of a friend who died recently - he was a big fan of their music.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Everything'sRosie
Er, right. Just off to You Tube...I might be some time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

The Rubberband Man
There's only two records on this list that I recognise from the artist / title. I'll probably go with those two since they've stuck in my mind.
Means I've got a lot of Youtubing/ Spotifying to decide on the third place runner-up.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Gorgeous Daze
I've chosen a Beat with the French plural, a version that can be Beat, and one that can't be beat by other females.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Well this was a motley bunch. I went for a US singer who we only lost a couple of years ago, a girl-band better known for do-ron-ronning, and the obvious Scousers.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

PattiforPM
I had to youtube 3 of the first 4 but in the end I fear I've done the predictable thing anyway

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

  1963- a year the doesn't seem to know what do with itself. With the Beatles heralding the new generation at the beginning of the year, but the old guard still in place to show the young whippersnappers just how to have a hit record.
  There is not much female involvement here, so if I tell you that one of my choices was the group including members who shared a name and a nickname with two in Pan's People, but may not have sung on the track bearing their name, that will rather give away who I have chosen. No matter, it is an interesting fact, if verified.
 Also, I have gone for a track that shares a name with a Donovan song, and another which has a name that always reminds me of my Mother's home made Christmas Cake. There, that should be easy to disentangle.
  1963- not so much swinging, that would come in a few more years, but swaying gently from side to side. And wasn't it cold and snowy?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Everything'sRosie
None of the songs I had to YouTube impressed me much, so I went with ones I already knew. Firstly a ditty pleading for a love reciprocated. Secondly a crooner trying to adjust to a relationship break-up. And finally an American lass recalling how things developed after a bop.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Willoway
The list influenced by the then-dodgy chart organisation that has gained retrospective pre-eminence, with two of the songs (Please Please Me and Do You Want To Know A Secret?) number one on the NME chart.

Arguably four beat boom songs in this list, I've chosen three including one of the ringers.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

The Rubberband Man
My votes are in :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

AC/PD
Not too much fretting this time around.
I've selected a record which, if unofficial charts were taken as read, wouldn't be in contention here; a crooner and something spectral which was nicely covered after a change of sex later in the decade.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

I have now chosen my choices in this poll. The first two were written by John Lennon. And the last is a Phil Spector record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

Old Grey Whistler
What an awful selection. Definitely the worst poll lineup that we have had so far.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

AC/PD wrote
I've selected a record which, if unofficial charts were taken as read, wouldn't be in contention here;
Yes, it was number 1 on the NME chart.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.

CoffeeThing
Pretty tough call, some great songs, I nearly forgot to vote in time!
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1963.