Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 19th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

What prevented them from hitting the top spot ?

Swinging Blue Jeans - Hippy Hippy Shake - [Glad All Over]

Gerry & The Pacemakers - I’m The One - [Needles and Pins]

The Dave Clark Five - Bits And Pieces - [BOTH - Anyone Who Had A Heart & Little Children]

The Hollies - Just One Look - [Little Children]

The Bachelors - I Believe - [Don’t Throw Your Love Away]

Millie - My Boy Lollipop - [Juliet]

Brian Poole & The Tremeloes - Someone, Someone - [It’s Over]

The Four Seasons - Rag Doll - [I’m Into Something Good]

The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night - [Baby Love]

Gene Pitney - I’m Gonna Be Strong - [BOTH - Little Red Rooster & I Feel Fine]

Petula Clark - Downtown - [I Feel Fine]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

I had to hit YouTube for 4 of these, and even then i could only recollect one of them. The other seven were quite strong and its not to bad a year. Ive made my three selections and pushed Dave Clark and his four mates into 4th place.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Gorgeous Daze
Unlike as is usual in the early sixties, there are three here that I'm perfectly happy to lend my support to. One is a perky pop song, another a classic big sixties production, and the third is right at the cutting edge.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

CoffeeThing
I liked a fair few here and it was yet another tough call. The Swinging Blue Jeans were my fourth by a hair and several others were not far behind them, but in the end I went for a very distinctive sound, along with what I suspect is the same cutting edge sound that GD mentioned, and a bit of a 60's classic championed by Phillip Schofield during his children's television days.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Everything'sRosie
The only one of these I had to YouTube was The Tremeloes track. I didn't even make it to the first minute before dismissing it. An easy choice really, Muswell Hill to New Jersey before heading into the city centre and dancing a bossa nova.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

 A small selection and a not too difficult one to choose my top three. Several good tracks overlooked however include the Swinging Blue Jeans and Millie.
But the trio of winners for me had to be from the song with a connection to Pink Floyd, a band within the shadow of Ally Pally and the atypical number from a show business starlet and legend.
Try as I might, I could not quite place The Bachelors in my three. Despite them being my favourite group when I was about 6 or 7. My mother said to me once that they had to disband because they were not ‘real bachelors’.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Michael
Not as good a crop as the previous Sixties polls, but there are some really good Pop records in amongst this lot, along with a track that has gone on to influence many guitarists since its release.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Dancer
I shall not bother voting in this year.  None of these really tickle me at all.  Gerry Marsden's voice maybe but none of the others.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

TheOtherOne
A pretty good year. I like six of these eleven songs and have honed it down to a Merseybeat band who weren't Gerry & The Pacemakers, the warring brothers and the Epsom chanteuse.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

MADMAX
Only one of this list I'm not keen on, any of the rest can win and it suits me, closed my eyes and grabbed three, see how it goes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Dancer wrote
I shall not bother voting in this year.  None of these really tickle me at all.
Oh well thats a bit of a shame. Surely you could at least favour 3 out of the 11. They are not that bad.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

The Rubberband Man
I turned to Youtube for all but three of these hits, and it's the three I didn't Youtube that get my votes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Who's That Hurll
I've listened to all of them and just about managed to get three down.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

They are in my opinion Ryan.  Not sure what was happening this year at all.  Just dont like any of them at all.  Presume there must have been some good No.1s there.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Heading for tie-break territory again. 3 hours to go, can anyone force a winner ?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Just voted in this poll. The first one was one of the Mersey beat bands. The second was by one of my favourite bands. Who did great three part harmony. The last band had one of the best songwriter of the sixties and beyond. For me all these records are great to listen to in this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

30 minutes remaining. Come on somebody, prevent a tie-break

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1964.

Tie-break poll to determine your favourite UK number 2 from 1964. (End 11pm)

As the main poll ended in a tie, this then is the tie-break poll. Select either The Kinks or Petula Clark for your favourite UK number 2 single for 1964. Ends 11pm this evening.
Pick one of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .