Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Following on from our recent and successful number1's poll, this is the first poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

The 1966 number 2's were stopped from getting to number 1 by these records.

You Were On My Mind  - Michelle - Overlanders

Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown - These Boots Were Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra

Groovy Kind of Love - These Boots Were Made for Walking - Nancy Sinatra

I Can’t Let Go - The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore - Walker Brothers

Daydream - Pretty Flamingo - Manfred Mann

Sloop John B - Pretty Flamingo - Manfred Mann

Wild Thing - Paint It, Black - The Rolling Stones

Nobody Needs Your Love - Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks

Black is Black - Out of Time - Chris Farlowe

God Only Knows - Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles

I’m a Boy - Distant Drums - Jim Reeves

Bend It! - Distant Drums - Jim Reeves

I Can’t Control Myself - Reach Out I’ll Be There - The Four Tops

Stop Stop Stop - Reach Out I’ll Be There - The Four Tops

Semi-detached Suburban Mr James - Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

Gimme Some Lovin’ - Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

What Would I Be - Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones

Morningtown Ride - Green Green Grass of Home - Tom Jones

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

I found myself reaching for YouTube for four of these and all but one registered in the memory bank once id listened to them. The one that eludes the memory is our friend Crispian.

Anyway i found it an easy enough process to pick three that i really quite enjoy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

sueforever
What great songs to choose from this poll Ryan. I will have to think about  the songs before I vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

sueforever wrote
I will have to think about  the songs before I vote.
Yes of course, please have a think !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Hanway2
 Not any easy choice to make, but it does show the strength of the charts back in the 60s when such great singles as some of these could not make the number one spot.
I shall have to think hard about this. Even Val Doonican must come into the reckoning. I remember his shows on TV very well. I shall start singing Walk Tall or about Paddy McGinty’s Goat any time now, I fear.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
I thought we might get some obscure tracks thrown up...and bang! Straight up, first one. Until today I was utterly unaware of Mr Crispian St Peters or his body of work. I was expecting this sort of thing from the early 60s not 1966. Makes it all the more fun to think what else is out there awaiting discovery.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
Two tracks from the greatest album ever, and some transgendered grief down in West London.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

The Rubberband Man
I like them all
(Although Val Doonican may be the first to go from my elimination rounds)

Working through the list, I got to Bend It by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich, and it reminded me of this :-
(How these guys never made it into Ruby Flipper is a mystery 😂)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Everything'sRosie wrote
Until today I was utterly unaware of Mr Crispian St Peters or his body of work.
Had you not heard the jaunty 'The Pied Piper' before?, released the same year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
Mikey wrote
Everything'sRosie wrote
Until today I was utterly unaware of Mr Crispian St Peters or his body of work.
Had you not heard the jaunty 'The Pied Piper' before?, released the same year.
I must confess I hadn't.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Well my YT loyalty card points got a boost but I'm no closer to choosing any of them than I was when I first hit return.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Who's That Hurll
Gimme three votes and I shall use them. If you seek my choices - they are as easy as A B C.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

AC/PD
Lovin' the first of these No.2 polls for the comments and deliberation on show.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Great selection of tracks.

I went for an artist who is no longer with us, a group who very much are (except one) and a bunch of American surfer-dudes.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

 A difficult decision to make with so many great tracks from the year 1966. But in the end I have chosen three great bands. One led by the Dartford Warbler, another for which the name Crataegusers might have been appropriate and the third who could have lived by an Arena.
But a marvellous year to get started on the number 2 polls. Were in the 70s will we be next week?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

TheOtherOne
Some great records here and it was really difficult to pick just three. Even the Val Doonican song, written by Jackie Trent, was pretty good.  In the end I went for the German-Hispanic combo, the US jug band and a Hammond organ rave-up.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

As I said before it was difficult to choose, but I've now chosen. The first one is a great record with one of the great voices of the sixties. The second record is Paul McCartney favourite single. And the last one is by one of the best harmony bands of Rock and Roll. But all the records could win this poll for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

The Rubberband Man
My votes are in, and I am positive one of my choices will be the winner.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1966.

Gorgeous Daze
Two of my (Junior) choices involve transport, the other I'll leave a mystery to mankind.