Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 22nd poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

What denied them the number 1 spot ?

Donovan - Sunshine Superman - [Green Green Grass Of Home]

The Move - Night Of Fear - [I’m A Believer]

Cat Stevens - Matthew And Son  - [I’m A Believer]

The Beatles - Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever - [Release Me]

Vince Hill - Edelweiss - [Release Me]

Harry Secombe - This Is My Song - [Release Me]

The Mamas and the Papas - Dedicated To The One I Love - [Silence Is Golden]

The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset - [Silence Is Golden]

Engelbert Humperdinck - There Goes My Everything - [A Whiter Shade Of Pale]

The Monkees - Alternate Title - [All You Need Is Love]

Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him (Seul Sur son Etoile) - [All You Need Is Love]

Tom Jones - I’ll Never Fall In Love Again - [BOTH - San Francisco & The Last Waltz]

Keith West - Excerpt From ‘A Teenage Opera’ - [The Last Waltz]

The Move - Flowers In The Rain - [BOTH - The Last Waltz & Massachusetts]

Traffic - Hole In My Shoe - [Massachusetts]

The Dave Clark Five - Everybody Knows - [Let The Heartaches Begin]

Tom Jones - I’m Coming Home - [Hello Goodbye]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Quite a simple task for me in selecting my 3 favourites, or should that be 4 favourites !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Gorgeous Daze
Some real classics well-deserving of the No.1 spot doing battle here.

No fewer than nine of these need YouTubing; though I say 'need', in the broadest sense, most of all in the case of Harry Secombe.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

CoffeeThing
Possibly the biggest YouTube job thus far for me. I do recognise many though and there seem to be quite a few great ones too.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
A plethora of era-defining records from a golden age. I sense another duel between The Mop Tops and The Muswell Hillbillies, but I've been wrong before and there are plenty of fine tracks here to mix things up. There are six on my shortlist at present.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
It must be a good year if Donovan is only my fourth choice. I'm quite shocked that Strawbery Fields never made it to Number One, I always assumed it was a chart-topper. Especially odd given that the Beatles seemed only to have to release a record for it to go to Number One in those days.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

 Any Goons fans here? I know I am old but even they were before my time. But I do remember more vividly the Goons animation shows, which came later.
Anyway, despite all that I have not chosen Harry Secombe, nor any of the other, more adult audience attractions like Vince or Engelbert. There was quite a two way split in 1967 with those and the music of the younger generation. The Summer Of Love, and Sanatogen!
That has left me with at least 10 possibles, and you can gage the strength of the year when I have had to leave out The Kinks, A Teenage Opera and Donovan, all of whom I tried to squeeze in to make a favourite 3 + others.
But three it has to be. And the first of my three would make a cordwainer happy, the second concerns the bringer of much life to the land and my last could be about a girl or a place- or is it a place and a dream?
Another great year from the 60s, and I wonder who will win. Could it be the obvious one, or a surprise of Foinavon proportions in this most illustrious year!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
I possibly should thank The Tremeloes for keeping two of my choices available for the #2 poll.

My votes got to :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

TheOtherOne
Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields was the obvious choice for me. Still hard to believe that this great record was kept off the top by housewives favourite The Hump. My other two selections were written by a couple of iconic London-born songwriters, who narrowly edged out Keith West.

I've chosen landmarks in two Meet-up cities and a song which in the light of a subsequent conversion could be construed as a bit anti-Semitic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
Two songs you can actually visit, and an ode about a recently deceased retailer. Gutted I was unable to squeeze in the debut hit for an 18 year old Yusuf Islam, cuz it's an excellent song.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Michael
Too many great songs! I made my choices based on songs I'd like to hear right now.

I've picked two by the same artist, though not Mr Jones, and a song about Terry and Julie.

Yes, way too many great songs to choose from, but I have and it could have gone many different ways.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Who's That Hurll
I've dedicated myself to picking three choices and once the traffic clears, I'll be going west.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

PattiforPM
I think I agree with the herd on the general good quality here but probably part company in thinking that most of the megastar fodder on view is well below their best

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler
I would say that this selection is good rather than great. There are four songs that I particularly like so I have had to make the difficult decision not to vote for The Beatles, as they are going to win this poll by a mile in any case.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler wrote
 There are four songs that I particularly like so I have had to make the difficult decision not to vote for The Beatles, as they are going to win this poll by a mile in any case.
Hmm, a mile you reckon.