Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Following on from our number 1's poll, this is the 26th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.45pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Heatwave - Boogie Nights - [When I Need You]

David Soul - Going In With My Eyes Open - [Knowing Me, Knowing You]

Billy Ocean - Red Light Spells Danger - [Knowing Me, Knowing You]

Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke - [Free]

Joe Tex - Ain’t Gonna Bump No More - [I Don’t Want To Talk About It/First Cut Is The Deepest]

The Sex Pistols - God Save The Queen  - [I Don’t Want To Talk About It/First Cut Is The Deepest]

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Fanfare For The Common Man - [So You Win Again]

Boney M - Ma Baker - [I Feel Love]

Showaddywaddy - You Got What It Takes - [Angelo]

Space - Magic Fly - [Way Down]

La Belle Epoque - Black is Black - [BOTH - Silver Lady & Yes Sir I Can Boogie]

Queen - We Are The Champions - [BOTH - Name Of The Game & Mull Of Kintyre/Girls’ School]

Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band - Floral Dance - [Mull Of Kintyre/Girls’ School]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Well Ryan's `coming back` with the poll.

What an eclectic mix, and my three choices are certainly that.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Gorgeous Daze
This is probably one of my fave years for No.2's, I like most of them. And there are no fewer than seven routines to exert an influence.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
David Soul, same P4PM deal as Agadoo.  One more chance fellas

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM wrote
David Soul, same P4PM deal as Agadoo.  One more chance fellas
I didn't vote for the David Soul track, but i really quite like this song, though i admit being heavily influenced by a very nice dance routine by Legs.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
Yes after I wrote this, although I do think it's a really really soppy song, I did wonder about the Legs effect......

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Michael
Another good year! 80%of those in the list might've made my top three, but as always, I went for the songs that bring back the happiest memories. I'm looking forward to seeing how these tracks fare.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

I need to think about this one,. I love this period of the 70s and all of these songs so it will be hard. David Soul played a few gigs in the late 90s, I went to the first of them and met him after when he wandered out into the foyer for a fairly informal thing with fans. He was very good, especially considering he hadn't performed for twenty years by that point. He said that he had been very nervous. It didn't show.

Edit:
Okay, have voted, but it was extremely close. Great year. So many remind me of hot summer days and warm evenings in the disco era and one of the best years of my young life.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Everything'sRosie
I voted for 3 very different UK bands who Legs have done routines for, though not necessarily the tracks here. Some tremendous records in this list, although my 3 instantly jumped out of the screen at me. A golden time for music.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Great selection of songs.It was difficult to choose but i got there in the end.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
From a great era I am a little disappointed at the standard of these number 2's. There's not much depth....only 4 or 5 serious contenders.

I went for a funky, almost novelty hit, a classic piece of Prog Rock, and a great pop song by a guy who used to be known as "little"
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
It hurt me to leave out Tina Charles

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

  1977 An average year it looks by these number 2 hits. But varied, and something for everyone. And deciding which to choose has caused me some headscratching. Do I go for this one, or that one, how about that one? No, I do like that one.
  And do you remember the fuss over the Silver Jubilee? The Queen had been on the throne for 25 years and there were many celebrations up and down the country. Who would know that she would still be the Queen after another 42 years?
  With that in mind, I have gone with the National Anthem, A Covered Man and another failure at HTD201. This last may be a bit obscure, but doing night work last night that was all I was hearing over the staff radio. 'Incident Channel 1, etc. '
  Anyone fancy a Floral Dance? And no Terry Wogan in sight.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

The Rubberband Man
I'm in the camp of those who thought the quality of the #2's this year is a bit disappointing. After some thought, I've gone for :-

Usually I can make a bit of a guess on what will win these polls, not sure on this one though. Looking forward to seeing the result.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Gorgeous Daze
Crucial seeds were sown this year and I've chosen three tracks at the cutting edge.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

So I went for Heatwave for the first one. The next one had to go to a brilliant a great routine the ladies did. The last goes to a prog band. If I had a fourth vote it would have gone to the Brighouse & Rastrick  Brass band. Because I was born in Brighouse.I Lots of good number twos in this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

This appears to be close finish between 3 of them. The poll ends at 7.45. Hopefully we can tempt some late votes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

AC/PD
Picked a trio but it could so easily have been another three.
12