Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Not really my thing Queen and i didn't vote for it. I went for Sex Pistols, Heatwave and Space.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Everything'sRosie
For the second week running my top three were the Top Three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

CoffeeThing
I went David Soul, EL&P and Queen. Heatwave only just missed out.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
Top 3 for me too

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

1. Black is Black  2. We Are the Champions  3. God Save The Queen (yes, I know they were a horrible lot - but I can't resist a grinding punk guitar).

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

I like a lot of songs by Queen, but "We Are The Champions" does nothing for me.

I voted for Sir Duke, God Save The Queen and Black Is Black
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Gorgeous Daze
1. Magic Fly. 2. Boogie Nights. 3. God Save The Queen.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Old Grey Whistler
Queen
Heatwave
Stevie Wonder

Very relieved that the Sex Pistols didn't win.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I love Queen but We Are the Champions is not a track I like, I think certain members of the band themselves are on record as saying that it was written purely as a commercial enterprise and it's not one they like either.

Anyway I went for Joe Tex, Billy Ocean and ELP.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
I was truly sorry not to vote for Ain't Gonna Bump and the memories it evokes of a 1980s Derbyshire road trip when the song totally came true for a mate of mine

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Very relieved that the Sex Pistols didn't win.
Yes you can rest easy OGW. OFTDs appears to like nice safe options on these polls, and the Queen song fits that category. Anything with a bit of cutting edge is usually discarded.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

AC/PD
Queen
Ma Baker
Space

All safely in tune.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Well i got nowhere in that pole.I voted for Space,Belle Epoque & Billy Ocean.

Yep, or it could just be that Queen were vastly superior musicians!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

Undoubtedly that is true. In musical terms Queen were vastly superior. However, i reckon Steve Jones is now considered one of the finest lead guitarists of all time. I challenge even the most musically conservative of us (OGW) not to get goose-bumps listening to Jones's guitar intro to `Pretty Vacant`.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6GDdKrQ8EI

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1977.

PattiforPM
I agree Ryan and OGW.  I do like the Pistols though and if you're in the right mood their stuff is very good indeed.  My brother is a old punk fan and still goes to a bunch of gigs in the London area and was just at the Butlins Minehead stuff recently (not all punk but punkish anyway)