Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 5th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

The number 1's that prevented these from hitting the top spot.
Darts - Come Back My Love {BOTH Wuthering Heights, Matchstalk Men & Matchstalk Cats & Dogs}

Blondie - Denis {Matchstalk Men & Matchstalk Cats & Dogs}

Showaddywaddy - I Wonder Why {Matchstalk Men & Matchstalk Cats & Dogs}

Darts - The Boy from New York City {Rivers of Babylon/Brown Girl in the Ring}

Father Abraham & The Smurfs - The Smurf Song {You’re the One That I Want}

Clout - Substitute {You’re the One That I Want}

Darts - It’s Raining {Three Times a Lady}

Rose Royce - Love Don’t Live Here Anymore {Summer Nights}

Boney M - Rasputin {Summer Nights}

John Travolta - Sandy {Summer Nights}

Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted to You {Rat Trap}

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Well how unlucky were Darts. In a year dominated by songs from the movie `Grease`, my three choices have nothing to do with the movie. Ive gone for two lots of American bands and one from South Africa.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Everything'sRosie
No need for thinking time this week. My three practically jumped out of the screen at me. And in response to last week's male domination, all have a female vocal.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Yes im envisaging the same three-way battle as you ER.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

VintageVideos
Not a bad list of songs. I like Darts, so will have to think a bit if I'll give a vote to any of the others at all

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

AC/PD
Dear Diary,
Reminder to whittle the favourites down from five to three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Dancer
Went for female vocalists.  Was never a Darts fan but did like their performances on TOTP.  Rita Ray had a good voice.  I think the next one who had so many No.2 hits was Sash in the nineties.  I think there was about five of his that just made No.2.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Who's That Hurll
Make no bones about it, these choices carry a lot more clout than the previous ones. Anyway, I better harry up and get voting.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

PattiforPM
Think I might have voted for one that no-one else will like this time and avoided a couple of lovely ladies who may well be beloved on here

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

The Rubberband Man
I'm going with the female vocal groupings.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

PattiforPM wrote
Think I might have voted for one that no-one else will like this time
Must be The Smurf Song

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

PattiforPM
VintageVideos wrote
Must be The Smurf Song
 No Vin, I'm not that much of a rebel

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

CoffeeThing
Mine are all over the place, but I loved them all back then.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Gorgeous Daze
I find this selection poorer than I would have anticipated. Two were identified pretty easily, the other I can't help liking and liking more than I'm expecting German patriotism to stretch to, even though it's a bit rubbish.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Michael
Not a brilliant selection, though I found it very easy to pick three , all of which are songs I still enjoy listening to.

The No.1s weren't that great either, though I'm very pleased to note one of all-time favourite songs (Rat Trap) is there, as is the magnificent "Wuthering Heights".

A little pop quiz for you all:

What links the following artists/bands: The Boomtown Rats, Britney Spears, AC/DC, and Shania Twain?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

  Clearly I have to choose the Dutch priest and an iconic and memorable Legs and Co routine. Everybody’s favourite, no? That is a no then, not from me!
 But I have chosen a varied selection representing the feminine side and vocals. With the ex Wind In The Willow to the fore, some long departed affection and a number 12 warming up on the touch line- as it would have been back then.
1978, a strange year with lots of 50s nostalgia, all of 20 years ago then, and the year itself is 40 years hence. I can remember it all so well. I could go in a pub and drink legally then, not that it had stopped me before.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Michael wrote

 Michael I think that'd be the Mutt Lange dufus who cheated on our Shania if the stories I've heard are to be believed, (although I guess he must be a decent producer)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

Michael
Go to the top of the class, PattiforPM!: the link is indeed Mutt Lange, who, amongst myriad other acts, acted as producer for the diverse acts I listed.

Don't know anything about his private/not so private life, though...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1978.

The records I have gone for in this poll. Are two American bands and one South African band. Who have female lead singer in the bands.
123