Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

The Rubberband Man
John Lennon & Yoko Ono And The Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over), Stevie Wonder - Happy Birthday, and Laurie Anderson - O Superman got my votes.
I didn't vote for either, but is "Kids In America" really better than "Vienna"? Maybe we've heard "Vienna" too much over the years to appreciate it these days.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

Old Grey Whistler
Stevie Wonder
Kim Wilde
Starsound (Vol 1)

I have done a bit of statistical research and 6 votes is the lowest number that any poll winner has got in this series. I guess that this is partly explained by less people voting than normal, but also shows how wide open it was. By contrast, The Kinks polled 15 votes in 1964 but only came 2nd!
The Rubberband Man wrote
I didn't vote for either, but is "Kids In America" really better than "Vienna"? Maybe we've heard "Vienna" too much over the years to appreciate it these days.
I think you're right. Both songs have had a lot of radio play but KIA seems to have retained its freshness a bit more than Vienna in my opinion.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Wow. It's another OFTD boil-over! Couldnt have predicted that winner at any price! Ultravox was 1-10 in my book, just goes to show, never take the OFTD readership for granted.

I went for Laurie Anderson, Chi Mai and Vienna.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

The Rubberband Man wrote
I didn't vote for either, but is "Kids In America" really better than "Vienna"?
Maybe once again its worth reminding folk that we are `NOT` voting for records that are better than others, we are voting for the records we consider personal favourites. The two are not to be confused with.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

Gorgeous Daze
Well the bookies will be enjoying their weekend.

It's shaky to say the least that Vienna could only muster two more votes than You Drive Me Crazy, but hey ho. Besides Vienna I voted for the winner and Antmusic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

VintageVideos
IMO You Drive Me Crazy is by far Shaky's best record. That's why I voted for both Vienna and Shaky. No inconsistency AFAIC.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

PattiforPM
I thought the little bald drummer's best (and most likeable) record might have done a bit better too

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

CoffeeThing
I went for John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Phil Collins, and Altered Images. Ultravox were not far behind.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1981.

Michael
Poop. I missed this poll, too 😟

For what it's worth, I'd have voted for:

Kim Wilde

The Police

Altered Images
12