Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 21st poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

What songs stopped them from hitting the top ?
The Stranglers - Golden Brown - [A Town Called Malice]

Toni Basil - Mickey - [The Lion Sleeps Tonight]

Imagination - Just An Illusion - [Seven Tears]

Chas and Dave - Ain’t No Pleasing You - [My Camera Never Lies]

Bardo - One Step Further - [Ebony and Ivory]

England World Cup Squad - This Time (We’ll Get It Right) - [Ebony and Ivory]

Yazoo - Only You - [A Little Peace]

Soft Cell - Torch - [Goody Two Shoes]

The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra - [Happy Talk]

Trio - Da Da Da - [Fame]

Duran Duran - Save A Prayer - [Eye Of The Tiger]

Dire Straits - Private Investigations - [Eye Of The Tiger]

The Jam - The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had To Swallow) - [BOTH - Eye Of The Tiger & Pass The Dutchie]

Fat Larry’s Band - Zoom - [Pass The Dutchie]

Kid Creole & The Coconuts - Annie, I’m Not Your Daddy - [Do You Really Want To Hurt Me]

Dionne Warwick - Heartbreaker  - [Do You Really Want To Hurt Me]

The Human League - Mirror Man - [BOTH - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me & Beat Surrender]

Shakin’ Stevens - The Shakin’ Stevens EP (Blue Christmas) - [Save Your Love]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Not a bad selection of number 2's in my opinion, though for me nothing is truly outstanding. Ive picked my three, though im not so sure id have picked this same three back in 1982. I guess some records just sound better over time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Got the first two Ryan, think about the third one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

CoffeeThing
I've gone for a song I've liked a lot for a very long time, another because of my weakness for a certain genre, and an absolute masterpiece with a delicious Cherry on the top.
This week, I are be mostly quite old.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Gorgeous Daze
Love this year, if only the eighties had stayed this good! No need at all for YouTubing, but quite some need for thought.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Dancer
Some good songs there but still felt the music was quite weak.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Everything'sRosie
Must agree, there are some good records here. Will have to whittle it down from six contenders.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

 What a choice, and a very good year from the early 80s. I had one track which I thought was high above the others, but for the remaining two it was difficult to decide. I have done so, but on another day my remainder could have been different.
I have chosen an ode to a Television character, the soft sound of the Old Smoke and  a Doctor’s warning.
Be very interesting to see who wins out for 1982, but the quality is good and many would have been better served as number 1s. Nearly all are better than the tracks that beat them to the top spot.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

The Rubberband Man
An unexciting but nevertheless sufficiently good and representative list of records for the early 80's.
I'm still mid decisive but I'm thinking the 70's throwbacks may be my preference.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Everything'sRosie
A twosome from Leeds, a threesome from Woking, and an American with a lovely bunch of you know whats.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Just voted in this poll, so this is my choices. The first is something to do with Boston.The second was done by one of the best psychedelic bands in the sixties. The last one is by a great singer who had many songs by B&D.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Michael
Not my favourite selection, but there’re some worthy contenders. The only song I had to remind myself of actually became one of my choices. I wonder if I’ll be the only one to offer said said song a vote...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

I'm not bitter about it, but a lot of these number two records are in a different league to some of the number ones. I thought I hadn't got a prayer of cutting it down to three, but I've now made my choices.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

PattiforPM
I really like many of these too.  I left Fat Larry out and feel badly about it

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

All but one of these have received at least one vote. I not surprised by the one that hasn't, it was bloody awful. I wonder if we ever will get it right !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

Hanway2
 Are we talking Eurovision, World Cup or conspiracy theories here, Ryan?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.

The Rubberband Man wrote

Is your first choice ‘Ain’t No Pleasing You’ TRM?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1982.