Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 12th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

What prevented these from hitting number 1 ?
David Essex - A Winter’s Tale - [You Can’t Hurry Love]

Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue - [Down Under]

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - [Total Eclipse of the Heart]

Culture Club - Church Of The Poison Mind - [Let’s Dance]

F.R.David - Words - [True]

The Human League - (Keep Feeling) Fascination - [True]

Heaven 17 - Temptation - [True]

Wham! - Bad Boys - [Every Breath You Take]

David Bowie - China Girl - [Every Breath You Take]

Irene Cara - Flashdance....What A Feeling - [Baby Jane]

Freeez - I.O.U. - [Wherever I Lay My Hat (That’s My Home)]

Spandau Ballet - Gold - [Give It Up]

Madness - Wings Of A Dove - [Red Red Wine]

Peabo Bryson & Roberta Flack - Tonight I Celebrate My Love - [Red Red Wine]

David Bowie - Modern Love - [Karma Chameleon]

Tracey Ullman - They Don’t Know - [Karma Chameleon]

Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night) - BOTH [Karma Chameleon & Uptown Girl]

Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson - Say Say Say - [Uptown Girl]

Paul Young - Love Of The Common People - BOTH [Uptown Girl & Only You]

Slade - My Oh My - [Only You]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

An okayish kind of a year. Ive selected my three with Irene Cara just missing out at number 4 on my list.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Who's That Hurll
Twenty!!!!    Just like 1985,  so much better than the Number Ones...…...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

PattiforPM
Some good ones here from my perspective, I will enter deep thought mode

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Already past my favourite years of the decade, but there are no shortage of ones I like. One with a big capital L was an instant choice, the other two of my selections will take some thought.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

AC/PD
Exceedingly difficult to believe this isn't a No.1 list.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

VintageVideos
Although there were a few good number ones in that year, I agree that the list of number twos is a lot better. I could vote for almost half of the tracks, so need some thinking.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Everything'sRosie
Some good records here, though lacking the variety of last week. It's UK artists all the way for me. Starting up in Northerly Scotland and coming down to the capital taking in a Yorkshire city on the way.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

The Rubberband Man
I think my music tastes had developed beyond a lot of this main stream pop, and while I’m familiar with all the records none of them would have been on my shopping list.
Nevertheless, there are three decent songs out of the twenty on offer; one from the thin white duke, a cover of a 70s song, and one from an eight times Brit Award winner.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Dancer
Some really good songs here - all different and not from the hit machine of the eighties.  Interesting who wins.

I don't know what to go for here. I think I'll go with my gut feeling and I'll be fascinated to see the result of the poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

PattiforPM
My #4 is Mr Richie

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Michael
A good year, and an abundant harvest of songs. There are some good times associated with these songs, so I've chosen my three based on the happiness of the memory associated.

I nearly picked the Irene Cara track as I had a crush on Jennifer Beals (the star of the film), but sanity prevailed ;-)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

An interesting selection to choose from. I've given the Nod to two Daves.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

I've got a nasty feeling all 3 of mine might land outside the top 3 for the first time in failing memory

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

I've now chosen the records from this poll Ryan. The first record is by Eddie Grant the main writer for the Equals. The next one is from a band from Yorkshire. And the last one goes to Lionel Richie.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

  I have finally made my three choices from this middle of the road type year. Coming down a bit from the early 70s of last week.
  What to go for? A struggle in my mind took place between about 6 numbers. Out went Tracey Ullman- Kirsty MacColl's version of 'They Don't Know' from a few years earlier is so much better, and also Irene Cara, who nearly poked herself into the top three. And I would like to have chosen a Madness track- but this just  wasn't the one.
  I have picked a threesome of the street that runs up to Atlantic Road, Brixton; a state that could bring on Euphoria and a song about a doll with deeper implications.
  What will win this week? I have not a clue and await the result with interest. And I think the result will be very interesting as a 70s v. 80s battle.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1983

Hmm, ive said many a time in the past that im not overly keen on the Eurythmics so it will come as no surprise i don't really endorse our winner this time. For my part, i selected Human League, Heaven 17 and Tracey Ullman.