Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Following on from our number 1's poll, this is the 24th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

What stopped them hitting the top spot ?

Howard Jones - What Is Love? - [Pipes Of Peace]

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun - [Relax]

Queen - Radio Ga Ga - [Relax]

Kool & The Gang - Joanna/Tonight - [99 Red Balloons]

Weather Girls - It’s Raining Men - [Hello]

Shakin’ Stevens - A Love Worth Waiting For - [Hello]

The Thompson Twins - You Take Me Up - [Hello]

Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) - [BOTH - Hello & The Reflex]

The Pointer Sisters - Automatic - [The Reflex]

Deniece Williams - Let’s Hear It For The Boy - [Wake Me Up Before You Go Go]

Nik Kershaw - I Won’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me - [Two Tribes]

Neil - Hole In My Shoe - [Two Tribes]

Blacklace - Agadoo - [Careless Whisper]

Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters - [I Just Called To Say I Love You]

Culture Club - The War Song - [I Just Called To Say I Love You]

Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights - [Freedom]

Duran Duran - The Wild Boys - [I Feel For You]

Wham! - Last Christmas/Everything She Wants - [Do They Know It’s Christmas?]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Well ive been looking at this list this list for a couple of days now and im finding it very hard work to come up with three that i can call favourites. I the end i went for a Brit, a Yank and a Brit band.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Gorgeous Daze
At least the year contains good nostalgic value even if this lot lacks any true classics in my book. I've dismissed all but six so far.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

PattiforPM
Well this looks dead easy to me.  If Agadoo gets a vote I'm resigning my Membership

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Old Grey Whistler
Some really good songs amongst this lot but I don't think I will be pushing the pineapple.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

CoffeeThing
Some decent sings indeed but not really too much that jumps out screaming ''classic'. Maybe one or two standouts for me. It's not like the early 70s years, and even some of the 60s, when the wow factor often occurs with multiple songs. Maybe it's our ages and where we were at influence wise.

Anyway, I very nearly went for a bloke from High Wycombe, but in the end I went for a bloke from a section of the bible, a bloke wearing a wig for comedic purposes and a bloke with his best mate.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Everything'sRosie
With the BBC4 repeats still fresh in the memory there was no need for any YouTubing here. My choices include some rather educated boys, some Brummies who liked their slap, and some American siblings.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

The Rubberband Man
^ I like your style GD ^

An insipid year for #2’s where every record is on a par of mediocracy. Nevertheless, there are three which separate themselves from the rest :-

All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Gorgeous Daze
And I like yours TRBM. Especially the bottom clue.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

 Oh dear! Apart from two or three, nothing much to get excited about for me here. And nothing really grabs me by the short and curlies and demands to be included.
After a quick deliberation, I have made my choicees. A hymn to playfulness,  a hospital amenity for the unwell and the child actor are my picks.
A struggle indeed, but back to the 60s next time. And there are only two years left, one early one late.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

TheOtherOne
Some prime slices of 80s cheese here. It's all down to personal taste and nostalgia for a particular period but there always seem to be more classic songs to choose from in the 60s and 70s polls. I voted for a blond synth popper, a 60s throwback, and a UK number 2 that reached number 1 in 19 other countries.

I didn't even make it to Spring

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Old Grey Whistler
A very good selection, much better than most of the years in the 60's and 70's.
I don't expect any of my choices to win, but I like them which is all that matters.
Sadly it's back to the 60's next week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I almost made it to Xmas
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

The first one goes to a unique American girl singer. The second one comes from the Queen. And the last from a man that changed music.

No probs with the winner. Im not the biggest Queen fan, i only like a handful of their songs and this is one of them. Though i confess the excellent promo video for this is very memorable maybe more so than the song. I also voted for Macca and struggling to find a third, decided to vote for Cyndi Lauper.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1984.

Old Grey Whistler
Queen
Cyndi Lauper
Ray Parker Jnr

My choices did better than I was expecting, well two of them anyway.