Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 18th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 10.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

What prevented them hitting top spot ?
Dire Straits - Walk Of Life - [The Sun Always Shines On TV]

Nana Mouskouri - Only Love - [The Sun Always Shines On TV]

Madonna - Borderline - [When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going]

Su Pollard - Starting Together - [When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going]

The Bangles - Manic Monday - [Chain Reaction]

David Bowie - Absolute Beginners - [Chain Reaction]

Sam Cooke - Wonderful World - [Living Doll]

Madonna - Live To Tell - [Rock Me Amadeus]

Patti LaBelle and Michael McDonald - On My Own - [The Chicken Song]

Simply Red - Holding Back The Years - [Spirit In The Sky]

Nu Shooz - I Can’t Wait - [The Edge Of Heaven]

Rod Stewart - Every Beat Of My Heart - [Papa Don’t Preach]

Sinitta - So Macho/Cruising - [BOTH - The Lady In Red & I Want To Wake Up With You]

Jermaine Stewart - We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off - [Don’t Leave Me This Way]

Five Star - Rain Or Shine - [BOTH - Don’t Leave Me This Way & True Blue]

Status Quo - In The Army Now - [Every Loser Wins]

Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hanging On - [Take My Breath Away]

Erasure - Sometimes - [The Final Countdown]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Female vocals for my three choices and this does include Su or Nana.

EDIT -- i mean does not

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Old Grey Whistler
In my view this isn't a particularly good selection but there are three that stand out.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

PattiforPM
Voting against a sublime gospel singer is not easy unless one uses the anachronistic argument

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Everything'sRosie
Some good records, and some truly dreadful ones too. I'm off to Vietnam in my immaculate footwear hoping I'll survive to give an account of my experiences.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Quite a tough call, a few I like. In the end I reverted to my tried and tested method of going for those I really liked back then. Still not easy.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Gorgeous Daze
I took a night school course covering this very subject last year. It's hard to confidently predict the winner but in line with today's pedagogic obsessions I think it will be one for girl power - albeit partly for the the 'wrong' reasons.

None I love but ones I like are pushing double figures. Not easy settling on a top three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
This must have been a truly vintage year if my favourite Madonna song of all-time is only my fourth favourite in this crop of Number Two's
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

PattiforPM
Don't worry RNOF I'll vote for it

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Michael
Another underwhelming selection, in my opinion, and the No1s from this year are even less palatable.

For me, ‘86 marked the beginning of the end of my interest in Chart Music, though I persevered with Radio 1 until about 1994.

Still, there are a few tracks I like: Madge sometimes visits Timpsons.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

These tracks are all so very familiar to me, having recently watched the TOTPs reruns for 1986 on BBC4. And a year that was not as bad as it could have been for mid 80s pop.
I admit to going all American for this poll. Choosing a favourite track from one of the most famous women on the planet- that may be about the 49th parallel- and which hints at one of the other picks, a great all time classic, and some Californian hyper activity.
I could have gone for a few others if in a different mood on a different day. But these are my votes this time. I was considering some home grown numbers but am riding on Pan Am and TWA this week-  ( remember them )?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

The Rubberband Man
I only had to turn to YouTube for one of these songs. I wanted to check what world Sam Cooke was singing about, and it’s the one that he don’t get a good educashun, innit?
I’ve also gone for an edgy hit from Madonna, and a record that gets played periodically on the radio.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Who's That Hurll
Two classics from the Queen of Pop, plus one from a nu act.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Here are my choices for this poll Ryan. The first will go to a American girl group. The second goes to the wonderful Sam Cooke. The last goes to the British girl singer who does a cover of a Motown record.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

With less than one hour to go, we are heading towards a tie-break situation. Come on somebody, do the decent thing .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

Tie-break poll to determine your favourite UK number 2 from 1986. (Next vote wins)

    USE THE NABBLE POLL BELOW TO CAST YOUR VOTE.
Pick one of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: Tie-break poll to determine your favourite UK number 2 from 1986. (Ends Sat 9.00pm)

Both excellent songs, but i could never resist a `proper girl band` and The Bangles get my vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1986.

I went for Manic Monday, Borderline and You Keep Me Hanging On.

Seemingly, Girls rock in 86 !