Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

The final one of these, this is the 30th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

What records prevented them hitting the top spot ?

Pepsi and Shirlie - Heartache - [I Knew You Were Waiting For Me]

Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman - [Stand By Me]

Judy Boucher - Can’t Be With You Tonight - [BOTH - La Isla Bonita & Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now]

Tom Jones - A Boy From Nowhere - [Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now]

Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now - [I Wanna Dance With Somebody]

Bruce Willis - Under The Boardwalk - [It’s A Sin]

Spagna - Call Me - [I Just Can’t Stop Loving You]

Pet Shop Boys & Dusty Springfield - What Have I Done To Deserve This - [Never Gonna Give You Up]

The Fat Boys And The Beach Boys - Wipeout - [Never Gonna Give You Up]

Abigail Mead and Nigel Goulding - Full Metal Jacket (I Wanna Be Your Drill Instructor) - [BOTH - Pump Up The Volume & You Win Again]

Jan Hammer - Crockett’s Theme - [You Win Again]

George Michael - Faith - [You Win Again]

George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You - [China In Your Hand]

Rick Astley - When I Fall In Love - [BOTH - China In Your Hand & Always On My Mind]

The Pogues ft Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York - [Always On My Mind]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

After a decidedly lame start to the year for number 2's, they do seem to pick up a bit as the year goes on, or does it just seem that way. Two of my choices i really like then and still now, but i had to dig deep for a third, but i got there.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

I will have to think about this poll Ryan. You are right Ryan about the records of that year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Gorgeous Daze
It was the best of collaborations, it was the worst of collaborations. The best beat everything here hands down, with moody electronica behind in third.

The names Abigail Mead and Nigel Goulding were unknown to me and their song unremembered. It's crap. I would have expected better of Kubrick (or as I discovered, daddy's girl). What a sonic comedown!

Judy Boucher was also a complete blank when she came round this year on the repeats.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

PattiforPM
I think Fat Boys should be allowed on the Beach

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

VintageVideos
Two or three good records but the rest just mediocre at best. The second half clearly better than the first.
And when the stewardess is near do not show any fear

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

  What a shocker! Not much that I like at all, and if it were not for the TOTPs repeats being from 1987 some of these would be lost on me. In fact I had forgotten a few of these had existed, up to a few weeks ago.
 Do I chose the obvious one, do I ignore the obvious one? It would be hard not to chose the obvious one. There were only four that I felt worthy of picking. But which one to leave out. So it had to be a case of 'Hello George and Goodbye George'.
  My three picks for the final time we do this yearly choice- ( And I wonder what Ryan has up his sleeve once we have decided our favourite number 2 from the three decades )- are. A song whose title sounds like it was written by Robert Burns, a song that could have been written by a long pipe smoker and a song about two people and a non-existent choir.
  These polls have been very rewarding for choosing our favourite number 1s and 2s. Always something to look forward to on a Tuesday evening. I am sure what comes next will be just as good.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

PattiforPM
I hear dead people

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

CoffeeThing
Well that's me voted and these have been incredibly enjoyable, thank you Ryan. I shall miss them. Although I'm not getting online as much these days or for so long, I make a point of getting to these quick polls. So many memories.

I went for the genre that I just can't leave alone but a real classic of a song, a slightly cheesy song that was big back then and I liked it a lot, and finally a  sadly missed singer by a whisker from another sadly missed singer who I was sorry to have to leave out.

Thanks to everyone for all the fun. Your company is always greatly appreciated even though I post less these days.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Well this was a 6-horse war for me and the 3 that just missed out were  - Rick Astley's surprisingly good cover of Nat King Cole's classic; George Michael and the industrially overplayed but still lovely FONY.

So I went for A boy from the Valleys, a Beatle, and a haunting tv theme.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Everything'sRosie
Surprisingly I had to YT one of these, an abomination inspired by a very good Kubrick film. My first two are classic collaborations featuring two of the UK's most beloved (and sorely missed) female vocalists...and then I'm struggling!  Even the ex-Beatle track is pretty forgettable. I think it's blindfold and a pin time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Everything'sRosie
That Judy Boucher song was on the BBC4 repeats a few weeks ago. Yet I still struggled to remember it!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Yep same here. Im also struggling to comprehend how the Pepsi and Shirlie song made it to number 2.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Everything'sRosie
I'm thinking that about most of them. No wonder Madonna keeps winning the show polls, the opposition is practically non-existant.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Michael
Oh dear. What a woefully poor turn out. The only song that really appeals to me is the magnificent "Fairy Tale of New York", which is not only one of my favourite Festive tunes, but also one of my favourite songs.

Other than that, the only other songs that sparked any interest were those performed by Georges.

Ryan, a quick note to say how much I've enjoyed these polls. Thank you so much for organising them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Who's That Hurll
Two collaborations and a fright wig.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

The Rubberband Man
I don't want no teenage queen, I just want my M 14.  WTF!!!

Leaving that aside, I gone for two collaborations and a song from a bygone decade. There's literally nothing in the list that would have been on my radar, and I think most of the stuff I listened to by 1987 probably never even made it into the Top 40.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.

Just voted in this poll. My votes went to the Pet shop Boys and Dusty Springfield.The next went to George Harrison and the last went to the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1987.