Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Following on from our recent and successful number 1's poll, this is the 9th poll of a total of thirty in which i ask you to pick your `3` favourite UK number 2 singles from the golden years of 1960 - 1989.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.
THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

So what records kept them from hitting top spot ?
Terence Trent D’Arby - Sign Your Name - [Heaven Is A Place On Earth]

Bros - When Will I Be Famous? - [I Think We’re Alone Now]

Bomb the Bass - Beat Dis - [I Should Be So Lucky]

Rick Astley - Together Forever- [I Should Be So Lucky]

Bros - Drop The Boy - BOTH [Don’t Turn Around & Heart]

Climie Fisher - Love Changes (Everything) - [Heart]

Kylie Minogue - Got To Be Certain - [With A Little Help From My Friends/She’s Leaving Home]

The Fat Boys with Chubby Checker - The Twist (Yo, Twist) - BOTH [I Owe You Nothing & Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You]

Salt-N-Pepa - Push It/Tramp - [Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You]

Kylie Minogue - The Loco-motion - [The Only Way Is Up]

Brother Beyond - The Harder I Try - BOTH [The Only Way Is Up & Groovy Kind Of Love]

Bobby McFerrin - Don’t Worry Be Happy - [One Moment in Time]

Kylie Minogue - Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi - [Orinoco Flow]

Yazz - Stand Up For Your Love Rights - [First Time]

INXS - Need You Tonight - [First Time]

Bros - Cat Among The Pigeons/Silent Night - [First Time]

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Oh. Dear.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Oh. Dear.
Yes they all can't be classic years. Im going to try to stay positive, though its difficult.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

VintageVideos
I found one that I like. Will vote for two that I can at least bear. What a quality drop compared to last week

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

I have to note that Robin Beck's rather innocuous number 1 from 1988 `First Time` kept three of our number 2's from hitting the top.

As for the poll, well up until i posted the poll i still couldn't make my mind up which 3 would be my, erm favourites ! Most of them i didn't really care for back then or indeed now. I have succumbed and somehow picked three. Interestingly, or maybe not, all three of my choices are consecutive and from the first half of the year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

I'll try too, but it's hard to be positive bearing in mind this is a foretaste of the TOTP we'll be watching this time next year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Am with you GD, this is a bad year. So Ryan I'll after think about it.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Dancer
This was a most revolting year.  SAW certainly took over the charts big time.  None of those listed are worthy of votes maybe one which is non-SAW but the others a big thumbs down and Bros.  Interesting to see how these pan out.

I have voted but none are SAW music.  Really did not take to that stuff at all bar Bananarama and Donna Summer where their music merged well.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Oh. Dear.
+100 Oh Dears from me. Were the number 3s any better?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Everything'sRosie
After the smorgasbord of last week we're left with barely enough crumbs to feed a church mouse this. Really a case of deciding on the least offensive because to my ear there's nothing even approaching a classic record here.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

PattiforPM
One single song stands very very tall here for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

AC/PD
...In the land of the midgets.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

The Rubberband Man
It's a good year if you like Kylie or Bros.
Probably not many of their fans are here though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Who's That Hurll
I'm a fan of one of those acts. I wonder if you can guess which one?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Everything'sRosie
I settled for a strangely aloof ex-American soldier relocated to Europe, the Aussies on the list who aren't Kylie, and some seasoning from the good ol' US of A. Probably the first time I haven't had at least one act from the UK in my choices.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

 To me this is a truly terrible year, and I was tempted not to even bother finding three to vote for. But  I have. And the three are not Bros or Kylie in any way shape or form. Nor anything to do with SAW either.
Such is the parlous state of this poll, I cannot work up much enthusiasm to set any clues. But I can tell you that my choices are, the coach driver’s command to third class passengers, a song that goes against my true melancholy and gloomy nature and a duo which for one of them the phrase ‘Remember, Remember ‘ is very apposite.
What were people at the end of the 80s thinking? At least we will be back into the 60s next week, and I am pretty sure any year from then will be better than this.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Hanway2
  Also, wanted to add that I think that Bros and ‘Drop The Boy’ is just about the complete nadir of popular music.
Have I ever heard anything worse? No, I have not.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Gorgeous Daze
Anything involving Jeff Tracy must have some good in it. I'll have that, a river flowing through the wrong Midlands city, and half-listenable Kylie.