Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Gorgeous Daze
Hanway2 wrote
What were people at the end of the 80s thinking?
Yes Hanway, when you compare this shower with the cracking field we had last week from 74, you have to ask how did it all go so wrong?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

The Rubberband Man
I’m voting for the rapping condiments, one from the plethora of artists from Oz, and one that’s a journey into sound.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

CoffeeThing
I went for one that my late grandad rather enjoyed, one that was a favourite of my late grandmother, though not specifically this version, both of which I too very much like, and one of my favourites from a favourite band. Other than that, the rest somewhat underwhelmed me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

The Rubberband Man wrote
It's a good year if you like Kylie or Bros.
Probably not many of their fans are here though.
I think Kylie Minogue is quite good although her best work was in my opinion in the late 1990's  and early 2000's. The issue is probably more with SAW than her.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Old Grey Whistler
I don't know if my memory is playing tricks but I remember 1988 as being better than this. The best songs don't always top the charts but there are three from this selection that I do like.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Who's That Hurll
An attack on a deep sound, a Melbourne Madamoiselle and a Lancashire teaboy.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

As I sit here and look at these records in this poll. Nothing stand out at me in this poll. So this as been difficult to choose, so here we go. So the first one is a Boffin & King song. The next one is by a good singer and come over as a nice guy. And the last one is a dance crazy of the early sixties. But these still past me by and always will, we are now coming to a end of a great period in British pop music for me.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Well I positively recognised the name of one of the artistes and two of the songs, so at least that's a start.  And one song title was also a rather good Agatha Christie mystery, but I doubt the song is a patch on the book.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

AC/PD
The water on which Clough walked, a little bit too much and the track which includes the sound of my voice-activated Braun alarm clock each receive a tick.
Overall though, no wonder the household switched to Capital Gold in November '88.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Old Grey Whistler wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
It's a good year if you like Kylie or Bros.
Probably not many of their fans are here though.
I think Kylie Minogue is quite good although her best work was in my opinion in the late 1990's  and early 2000's. The issue is probably more with SAW than her.
Yes, Kylie is a lovely girl, and I’m sure we’re all really big fans of her as a person.
What I’m talking about here though is Kylie singing on the SAW blasé recordings that are in this poll. A lot of Kylie’s music is quite good, in particular the Cathy Dennis / Rob Davis produced songs of the early noughties. However, the music from this period in her career is very much lacking any discernible quality.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

So this very forgettable year requires a tie-break poll. This will be a 24 hour affair that will commence at 8.00Pm this evening.

For what its worth, the three i chose were...`When Will I Be Famous`, `Beat Dis` & `Together Forever`.

Just imagine thinking back to 1988 and somebody saying to you then that in 30 years time, you're going to take part in a poll and you will be selecting Bros and Rick Astley as favourites. Id have said they were mad, but there ya go.

VOTE HERE- 24 hour Tie-break poll to determine a winner for our Fav UK Number 2 from 1988

The main poll ended in a tie between two. Therefore this is the tie-break poll to decide your favourite. Please select one of the two options in the Nabble poll below.
This will end at 8pm on Saturday evening when i will close it manually (if i remember that is, which hopefully i will) and the result will be revealed.
Choose one of these two.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE- 24 hour Tie-break poll to determine a winner for our Fav UK Number 2 from 1988

Not really that keen on either. But our Antipodean cousins slightly edge it for me over the brace of condiments.

Re: VOTE HERE- 24 hour Tie-break poll to determine a winner for our Fav UK Number 2 from 1988

Who's That Hurll
'Push It' - that's what I immediately do to the Off Switch if I hear it on the radio. I need INXS to win this one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Who's That Hurll wrote
An attack on a deep sound, a Melbourne Madamoiselle and a Lancashire teaboy.
1. Beat Dis  2. Je Ne Sais Pas Porquoi  3. Together Forever

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Everything'sRosie
I picked the Top Three. I will have to think about the tie-break.

Re: VOTE HERE- 24 hour Tie-break poll to determine a winner for our Fav UK Number 2 from 1988

Push It is good but INXS are the utter and complete cream of this crop

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

Top two and Bobby McFerrin for me.  Can't really believe we need a tie break for this one but there it is

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from 1988

VintageVideos
INXS, TTDA & The Loco-Motion for me. Thought INXS would take this by storm, never cared much for S&P and their much too suggestive stuff.