Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Following on from our yearly polls in which you selected your favourite number 2's, its now time to pick an overall favourite from the three decades we focused on, 60's, 70's & 80's.

Simply select the 3 you consider to be your favourites. Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 8.00pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

I narrowed it down to five and have been pondering all day how to reduce it to just three. Ive had to axe one of the Beatles offerings and sadly our only lady contestant from my five.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

I 've just voted in the poll, a really good selection of records. So my first must go to the Beatle and the best single ever made. The second goes to the beach boys and the wonderful God Only Know. The last as gone to the Small Faces and Lazy Sunday. But any of these records could win this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

  What a difficult decision to make. At least 6 of these were candidates with me, and I knew if would be a hard choice to pick three from them. And the other 4 were almost as good as the 6.
 My choices have all come from the later part of the decade, you may not be surprised to know.
  They are a track released against the wishes of the writer, a single that has been discussed almost more than any other and a song from a young man.
  It will be greatly interesting who wins out this week. Almost all of them are in the running. How do you like your 60s musically flavoured? With plenty of cream.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Gorgeous Daze
My first choice was a must, but the others were very difficult and from the five or so which were vying I think they could change from week to week. Maybe it's just the 'right' day, maybe not, but to my own surprise it's two from the early years of the decade and one from the late.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Everything'sRosie
I like them all, well, perhaps not the Ricky Nelson one so much, but there are some classic tunes here. My selections are a beautiful instrumental and then I'm straight into two classic Brit bands at the top of their game.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
My 3 are consecutive years.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

The Rubberband Man
My three :-

All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Michael
I genuinely like every song in this lineup, however choosing a top three was very easy: rather than opt for actual favourites, I decided to plump for songs whose influence, musically and culturally, I feel still resonates today.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Possibly the most predictable winner in all the polls we've had so far. I went for Strawberry Lane/Penny Fields Forever, My Generation & Oh Well.

See you all on Tuesday for the 1970's poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Everything'sRosie
Indeed, a predictable winner. I voted for The Beatles (Stawberry Fields/Penny Lane) The Who and, er...Percy Faith. Theme From A Summer Place just edging out God Only Knows. Some fabulous records though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

I voted for the winner plus The Beach Boys and Pet Clark.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

1. Oh Well  2. Please Please Me  3. Stranger On The Shore

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

This will be an interesting poll because there is a vast difference in music styles from the beginning to the end of the decade and we are all quite eclectic in our tastes. Could be quite a mix. It was a tough call for me, as Michael says, all great songs. I'm probably slightly left field in my choices, but maybe not.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Oh I missed the end, I somehow got the wrong day, having posted a comment then gone to poll. Things are a bit tough at the moment and I'm not quite with it. Anyway, I would have gone Percy Faith, Acker Bilk and The Beach Boys. Sorry chaps, I will try to be a bit more on the ball next week.

I voted for the winner, the other Beatles song, and the one by The Beach Boys.
All bound for Lulu Land in an E Type Jag (but more likely to be an E reg)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I went for the 67-69 triple.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Gorgeous Daze
Both The Beatles options (actually if history were different and Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane were separate entries it would have been a treble) and Theme From A Summer Place.

The winner is one mighty release, good to see the result reflect it.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1960's.

Michael
The winners are the songs I chose. It's no surprise to me that they topped the poll: each is a defining moment in Pop music history.