Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Following on from our yearly polls in which you selected your favourite number 2's, its now time to pick an overall favourite from the three decades we focused on, 60's, 70's & 80's, with this time the 1980's.

Simply select the 3 you consider to be your favourites. Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Im reasonably pleased with the three favourites i choose. The other seven didn't do much for me, though i concede they are not to bad a tune, if you like that kind of thing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

About half of these I like and the others I don’t, very much. But my appreciation of 80s music is in dire need of development. It all seems so recent!
What to go for then in this selection. Passing over on Queen and Mechanical Mike, I have found my final three.
Something I would have bought at Underwood’s, something to bring contentment to the loneliest man in the world and a feeling of great hyperactivity when you should be working.
This last time we will vote for our top three in this way. A great set of polls and always an interest in the outcomes are almost at an end.
What will then be our favourite number 2 of all time?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

VintageVideos
I'm quite surprised to realize that I actually like all 10. Not an easy task to single out three, and I definitely need more time.
You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Everything'sRosie
IMO a big drop off in quality from the previous 2 decades, but there are still some good records here to consider before making my final cut.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Michael
A pretty good selection! There're a few here that I'd probably skip, but listening to said in their entirety wouldn't be too much of a trial.

I'm going with a song dedicated to an explosives expert, the stuff of which our subconscious wanderings are constructed, and a lament to the nocturnal hankering one might feel for the 21st letter of the alphabet.

I'm not very good at being cryptic...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

PattiforPM
Difficult choice for this listener and I need time too

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

The Rubberband Man
1980's: The Early Years, seems to offer the better selection.
Some mulling required to decide a top 3

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
All 10 are good but no 3 really stand out. In the end it was a Beatle, a garage boss, and a Motown legend.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

AC/PD
By and large, the options are fairly uniform in quality across the decade.

One choice depicts too much urgency....and come to think of it, so does another.
The third's an all night feast on Bob Marley's favourite doughnuts.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

CoffeeThing
Couple of tough decisions but I’m happy with my choice of Mikes!
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

PattiforPM
One about Tony Blackburn and two about Legs & Co for me

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Gorgeous Daze
My votes are all American. The few easily dismissed were Brits and likely descendents of transported convicts.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Who's That Hurll
I'm not kidding when I say I only required a little time to consider my three. I'll try not to be bitter if the result doesn't go my way.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

I have just voted for this poll Ryan. So here are my choices, so this is my first one. And that was the wonderful Stevie Wonder. The second will go to The Bangles and the last goes to George Harrison. A nice section in this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Wow got the first two in this poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 2's from the 1980's.

Well in the style of the inimitable OGW, "Stevie would have been my tenth choice in this poll and that is only because there wasn't eleven songs". I was surprised when he won the 1980 yearly poll, so his triumph in this decadely poll quite staggers me. Well done to the fella, but its not something id ever choose to play.

For what its worth which isn't much, i went for Kim Wilde, The Bangles and George Harrison.