Your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Following on from our yearly polls in which you selected your favourite UK number 3 singles, its now time to pick an overall favourite from the three decades we focused on, 60's, 70's & 80's. This time its the 1980's.

Simply select the 3 you consider to be your favourites. Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.45pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Really decent selection of songs. Made my choices and ive even resited the temptation of forum favourite Kate.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

The Rubberband Man
With only one exception, the latter half is considerably better than the earlier years.
I just need to decide if The Bangles will be in or out..... may require multiple views of their video
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Gorgeous Daze
I've chosen a disparate trio. It wasn't an easy process, and I was sorry I failed PhD in fourth. But then I remembered they beat Say Hello, Wave Goodbye in a tie-break.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

A good selection although I think it tails off a bit towards the end of the decade.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
 But then I remembered they beat Say Hello, Wave Goodbye in a tie-break.
Yes i reckon `Say Hello Wave Goodbye` would be my favourite number 3 of the decade, sadly it didn't make the final cut.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

CoffeeThing
Many good songs but I prefer to 70s as always so the decision was relatively easy. One very early and two just after the half way mark.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Everything'sRosie
An even split gender-wise across the decade. The boys have the first half, the girls the second. Athough I'd say the early years had more depth in quality I find I'm drawn to the later years for my selections.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

AC/PD
I'm currently leaning towards a consecutive trio in the upper sector of contenders but with plenty of enjoyment post Live Aid, this is a tricky poll to choose from.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

 Another very good selection of number 3s, if not quite up to the standard of the last two weeks for me. But more difficult choices to make.
It is noticeable how split the decade has become, with the first half masculine and the second representing the distaff side. I have chosen one from the former, and a later two.
 No need to call Lord Cardigan on this one, or the Duke Of York, even Ptolemy has not influenced my vote.
 Another interesting result will be displayed on Friday, with some perennial Forum favourites in among the fray. I will not guess the winner, but she may stand in feminine form.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I've gone for three in a row from the earlier part of the decade.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Dancer
All of those were really good.  Difficult to choose really.  Will be interesting to see the final result.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

This is the records I've just voted for in this poll.The first one will have to the great Kate Bush and Running Up the Hill. The second goes to the Bangles.And the last goes to the great Stevie Wonder. And that great routine they did and the last with the wonderful Pauline.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Just over 3 hours to go and its all very tight at the top. Your 3 votes fellow forum members could swing it.

Kate's running up that hill but can't shake off the challengers. Will the post come too late for the perennial favourite!?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Everything'sRosie
When an OFTDs poll features one of the 3 Bs: Beatles, Bowie, Bush, I know where my money's going

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Well that result wasn't predicted was it !

I went for our winner by Georgy & Phil, our second place The Bangles and my third went to Heart.

Back on Tuesday with our favourite number 3's poll from the 60's, 70s & 80s in a straight shoot-out to see what comes out on top.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Everything'sRosie
My flabber has been well and truly ghasted. The winner wasn't even on my radar. In fact it's one of those records I file under forgettable. My three were Kate Bush, Heart, and Donna Summer. Which in my opinion are all vastly superior to the winner. But there you go. (walks off with a dejected shrug of the shoulders)

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number 3's from the 1980's.

Who's That Hurll
A worthy winner indeed.       1. Together in Electric Dreams  2. Africa  3. Stop The Cavalry.