Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Following on from the forums favourite UK number 1 and 2 singles polls, i now ask you to vote on your favourite Bronze medalist, in other words your favourite number 3 single. To view the number 1&2 polls, hit the ARCHIVE thread and they are then the first two lines.

We will be voting every Tuesday evening on this and the poll lasts for 72 hours until it closes on Friday evening. The years we will be using are what i like to loosely label as the golden years of Pop, 1960 - 1989. This week its a year from the 60's, next week back to the 70's then the following week back the 80's, and so on. After 30 weeks of this, we will then vote on the decadly favourite, then the overall favourite. The poll will be blind and the result will be automatically revealed at the conclusion on Friday evening at 7.30pm.
THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

A lot of `pleasant` tunes makes this quite a decent year. One of the better 60's years for bronze medalists.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Everything'sRosie
Plenty to chose from, but I'll need the Good Ship YouTube for some of them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

CoffeeThing
A very tough call, lots of good ones.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

  A very tough choice with the majority of these being strong possibilities. It should be no surprise that the Spanish/Mexican and German contingents were long in the running.
 After some deep and meaningful thought, I worked my choices down to a hopeful six, and then struggled to make that a final three. This is one of the polls were on a different day I might have chosen a different three. But I bade sad farewells to The Yardbirds, The Seekers and The Walker Brothers- and after writing this I wish that I hadn't and these were my final trio. But the decision was made and the cut has come.
  My three for the number 3s from 1965 are a song that could have been about the Cuban Missile Crisis, a mere three years after the event. An echoing sound from a band that was not a supergroup. And another distinctive and revolutionary band who knew what they were doing.
  I will make no predictions on who will triumph this week, but merely to mention that 1965 was an exceptional year in the development of popular music, I think. I mean, even the genius from Knotty Ash was a chart hero in that year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

The Rubberband Man
A big list of mostly decent records, so a bit of listening needs to be done.
I've already discarded the instrumentals and Ken's record, the later sounding more like a #3 from 1955.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
After the Lord Mayor's show following the 84 offerings but I agree with Ryan most of them are pleasant on the ear without being classics.

I think Barry McGuire will win, it's a song I used to love but maybe heard too much over the years and now the 3 I like best are The Seekers, The Ivy League and Chris Andrews.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Gorgeous Daze
This contains a very decent bunch to seriously consider, the music scene had come on in leaps and bounds over just a couple of years.

I'll have two imperial specimens of the feathered kind and Adam's missus on the rampage.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

The Rubberband Man
After whittling it down, my three votes go to :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

I could have voted for all of them in this poll. But these are the one's i've Chosen. The first one is the Yardbirds and, For Your Love. The one with Clapton on it. The second goes to Del Shannon for a great record. The last goes to the Walker Brothers and the great voice of Scott Walker.

My selections are made up of two brilliant UK bands and an American who was more appreciated over here than in his homeland.

In what can only be described as a low turn-out for one of these polls, my 3 choices came nowhere. I went for Len Barry, The Seekers & Herb Alpert.

I went for The Animals and The Yardbirds. I was also the sole vote for Horst Yankowski and his friends.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Perhaps people couldn't decide on their 3. I must admit it took me longer than usual as there were some fine records here. I finally decided on The Yardbirds (For Your Love) The Animals, and Gene Pitney.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

PattiforPM
Even though I didn't quite get 1-2-3 I absolutely think this is the right result.  Well done chaps.  The vocal on Don't Let me Be Misunderstood is brilliant

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Who's That Hurll
1. World of Our Own  2. Eve of Destruction  3. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Michael
Hello Ryan

This week, I didn't pick any of the top 3 songs.

My choices were:

Bronze: Len Barry

Silver: The Walker Brothers (who I really thought would fare better than they did)

Gold: Chris Andrews

Have to say though, the No.3s from this year were (on the whole) pretty good.

Cheers,

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

I voted for
The Yardbirds - For Your Love
Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
Len Barry - 1 - 2 - 3

Good result for The Animals. "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" is a classic with very honest, plain speaking lyrics, so no surprise really that it won.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1965.

Gorgeous Daze
Never forget folks: voter apathy can affect results!!

1. (For) Still I'm Sad. 2. For Your Love. 3. Eve Of Destruction.

My No.1 was easily that. A classic of haunting melancholy, sadly little remembered and consequently underrated.

I've never been taken with the winner, but I can objectively understand why it's highly regarded.