Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

We are nearing the end now for these favourite UK number 3 polls. This poll see the final year from the 1960's, with a year from the 70's and 80's to conclude things. Then we move on to the favourite number 3 from the three decades, then our all-time fav number 3 to round things off.
As ever the poll here will be blind and the result will be automatically revealed at the conclusion on Friday evening at 7.30pm. THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Yep i know The Hollies `He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother` got to number 1, so how can it appear on a number 3's poll. Its the only record that has featured twice in these polls, the No1 & No3 polls and i did consider not allowing it for this.

But 19 years elapsed until it was released and hit the top and i think thats sufficient enough time to let it stand and after all we are dealing with records from 1969 that made number 3.
Anyway, im no particular fan of this time period of pop and i found it a struggle to pick 3. But im reasonably happy with my choices.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

VintageVideos
I for one think that this is a very strong selection with a couple of real classics (and a few duffers). The record in 5/4 time signature is definitely in my Top 3, the rest needs a bit of contemplating.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

I wasn't expecting a list of records like this for a year like 1969. I'd always thought 69 was a year of endless classics, but I'm not seeing any of them here.
With so many unfamiliar songs I'll have to turn to YouTube before I make any final decisions.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Some excellent records in this list. Three of the four home nations are represented in my final 1-2-3 (sorry Wales).

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

 This might be the last time I have the opportunity to vote in a 1960s singles poll*, unless Ryan has something hidden up his sleeve that I am sure to like.
 I must use my vote wisely, therefore.
 1969 was a year of many good things in the charts, as evidenced here. Some top quality number 3s. Plus a few from the old guard that might have made it to the top a few years earlier, but the scene was gradually changing at a very cumbersome rate.
 I like very much slightly more than half of these, and had to think hard of my final three. The last three rejected were the two tracks by The Hollies, and the Supremes and Temptations hook up. My top trio for 1969 are an emotional song from by a band with a Spanish name, some advice from one old fish farmer to another. And a lightweight pop song from a team that includes someone who is one of my very first verifiable memories of Top Of The Pops, in this year of 1969. Which I have mentioned on here before, but no one sees her now.
  I am very interested to find out who wins this poll. Farewell to the 60s, your time has long gone, your memory will linger past those of us who remember.

  *I know we should have still the yearly winners poll for the 60s to come, for the whole decade.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Not much depth but a lot of quality.

Marmalade
J Tull
The Hollies (SS)
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

PattiforPM
What he said

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Phantomed.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

SuPaLu
I think i'll be controversial and go for what some are now calling a  racist song,'Mewlting Pot'(sic)!

Now Phantomed twice !! Which i guess gets it nearer the total votes it should be .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

PattiforPM
3 ticks on my screen, promise

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Some classics, some I’d never heard of and some I didn’t recognise until I heard them. Not a surprise really because I was very young in ‘69 and would probably never have heard any later airplay of the more obscure number threes.

In the end Marmalade missed out by the smallest margin, just because I stuck to my general rule of choosing songs that I remember and bring back memories. I like Glenn Campbell too so the song he was part of came close. I’m happy with my three which shall be revealed when the voting closes.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
Not much depth but a lot of quality.
Well said, RNOF.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Young Mister Grace
I was at a loss for a third selection: then I googled (well, DuckDuckGo-ed actually) one prospective title, and the first youtube version in the results told me immediately, in the first few seconds, that this must be the choice: https://youtu.be/217fkKvcx5o .
You've all done vey well!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

The Rubberband Man
My votes are in :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Gorgeous Daze
1. Something which resonates for breakfast. 2. One that might have served as a title theme for educational TV. 3. The one by the whatever-happened-to? lady.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

This is a great poll for me, there are some great records here. So I would be happy for anyone of these records to win. So here is my choices in this poll. The first one as to be a great band with a great song from Blackpool. The second come from a Liverpool singer. And the last one goes to a Melting pot of a band.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.

Nothing like a late vote to knacker-up my end collage .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1969.