Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984.

Your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984.

Following on from the forums favourite UK number 1 and 2 singles polls, i now ask you to vote on your favourite Bronze medalist, in other words your favourite number 3 single. To view the number 1&2 polls, hit the ARCHIVE thread and they are then the first two lines.

We will be voting every Tuesday evening (though for this week its on a Wednesday) on this and the poll lasts for 72 hours until it closes on Friday evening (this week its 96 hours and closes Sunday). The years we will be using are what i like to loosely label as the golden years of Pop, 1960 - 1989. This week its a year from the 80's, next week back to the 60's then the following week back the 70's, and so on. After 30 weeks of this, we will then vote on the decadly favourite, then the overall favourite. The poll will be blind and the result will be automatically revealed at the conclusion on Sunday evening at 5.00pm.
THE POLL IS CLOSED

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Not a bad selection, though id say only one of my three selections stands a chance of being in the eventual top three. I await to be pleasantly surprised

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Wow. A simply stunning selection of tracks from one of the greatest years in pop music history. With the exception of the Bananarama song, I like all of these. I expect to be the only vote for Paul McCartney - its a beautiful song that always makes me well up.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Gorgeous Daze
Nothing jumps out at me (no not even the frogs) but I would endorse the majority of these, if not quite enthuse over any of them. Which three to lend my support to will require some thought.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Everything'sRosie
Quite a variety of tracks here, all very different. And so are my 3. A foursome, a threesome, and a cast of thousands.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Some lovely songs here which bring back so many memories and are still heard today on all nostalgic radio stations.  Took a while to pick three as I could have picked all of them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

PattiforPM
Sh*t I like all these except RNOF's one

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Hard to believe many of them only got to number three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

There're all good, well maybe not so much the two bookend songs, but none are brilliant.
Some deliberation to do to get to the magical three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

 Not hard to see the wheat from the chaff here, of the bright berries in the hedgerow thicket. Even though 1984 is clearly not my era, I am happy that others find the year more attractive than I do. Good for them!
  There are only three that I felt worth voting for, so this was one of my easiest polls ever. One is what you were meant to be on your wedding day, the second is chronological and the third conjoins artists from different countries. Rather easy to guess clues I feel, perhaps I am having too relaxed a week.
 An ex-Beatle and a resident of Nutwood make an interesting single cover pairing. Should there be frogs, why are there no frogs? Did internationally famous celebrity Rupert feel he was slumming it working with Mr. McCartney? I would much sooner listen to Jackie Lee anyway!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

PattiforPM
I want to make a prediction:  U2 won't win

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Old Grey Whistler
What an outstanding field. One of the best poll selections that we have ever had.
There are so many that I want to choose, that I might have to set up multiple profiles so that I can vote for them all.
I think perhaps it is time for me to unleash Old Grey Whisperer...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

CoffeeThing
A fantastic selection. I got it down to a final shortlist of four and reluctantly eventually left out Tina Turner. Of my three, one is, as ever with me, a bit left field.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

The Rubberband Man
My votes are in, and easy pic clues to where they went :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

PattiforPM wrote
I want to make a prediction:  U2 won't win
...but they'll still score more than Spandau Ballet

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Gorgeous Daze
Another open contest, I'll risk half a crown predicting that rock will conquer the pop hordes.

But it's 1984, not 64, and my choices have a touch of the old Ted Rogers: a trio, a pair of sleuths cunningly disguised as a trio;  and one, who very much wasn't.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Legsfan
1984 was such a good year for no.3s. I guess one of my votes is super obvious and I don't even need to hint. All will be revealed soon.
I'm back!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Michael
Hello Ryan

For the first time ever, I can honestly say I like every track in this line up, even "That's Livin' Alright" is bearable.

It didn't take long for me to make my choices though:

Bronze: Break Machine — will I be the only person to vote for this crew?

Silver: Thompson Twins — a track that I've grown to like more over the years.

Gold: Madonna — this masterful piece of pop, for me, stands head and shoulders above the competition. Madge at her very best!

Right, I'm going to find a large sheet of cardboard, grab my Gateaux blaster, and practise my Body Popping.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).

Just voted for the poll. So my first record would be by Tina Turner.The next Will be Together in a Electric Dreams. And the last goes to Like a Virgin.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number 3 singles from 1984. (ends Sun 5pm).