Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

This is the 24th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30 pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Well if you like Elvis then this is the year for you. Unfortunately hes not really my thing, so im having to look elsewhere on the list. It was a struggle, but ive come up with 3.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Did the government declare 62 an eight month year?

One of these stood out head and shoulders, I soon settled on a second choice, but I'm struggling to find something with words to vote for.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Did the government declare 62 an eight month year?
Yes this is the year with the fewest number 1's. The right-hand column in the chart below shows the total weeks these topped the charts that year. I mean, The Shadows at number 1 for 8 weeks with Wonderful Land. Its a memorable tune and all that but come on, 8 weeks !

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

I didn't go for any of the Elvis, so here are my votes. I went for two Instrumentals, the first being by Bees, and the second by a brilliant producer. And last was written by one of the great american songwriters.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

I mean, The Shadows at number 1 for 8 weeks with Wonderful Land. Its a memorable tune and all that but come on, 8 weeks !
Yes in the grand scheme of things it isn't quite that good, but the progressive style does fend off all known opposition around that time as far as my tastes are concerned.

Took a funny number to finally depose it. Kind of like Chas & Dave's mute American cousins.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
In case anybody's needing a reminder of these pop classics, Bob's made a compilation :-

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1962.mp3

Danny Williams with "Moon River" charted in 1961 so can't be voted on in this poll

It's a year for Elvis fans, and unfortunately I'm not one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD
A reminder from Bob has never been more appreciated.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

JEZ
Easy one for me this week ,ive gone for the first 3 in the years list ,id like to have included elvis shes not you really ,but my 3 were already picked

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

PattiforPM
Christ, I need time with this little lot....

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

VintageVideos
The good thing about this year is that you just need half an hour to listen to all the No. 1s...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD
VintageVideos wrote
The good thing about this year is that you just need half an hour to listen to all the No. 1s...

Emulation of the Phantom Two-Voter might aid the decision process for this one.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Hooray, the 1960s- the early 60s! And a reminder of how popular was Frank Ifield at the time.
From the unusually small selection from this year, I have gone for the unique sound of the Mad Professor from Holloway Road, some instrumental twanging and the 50s star backed by the twangsters.
1962, a time just before the whole music scene would be shaken up with the ex- skifflers and the blues fanatics just around the corner.

An extra point for you if you can name the No. 1 record that re-entered the charts 10 years later and made the Top 20 again.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

VintageVideos wrote
An extra point for you if you can name the No. 1 record that re-entered the charts 10 years later and made the Top 20 again.
Is it this one Vin ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iho6Wi3fsag

Yes that's the one

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

The Rubberband Man
My three choices are :-

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
All I can say is...thank God for The Beatles. Not my thing at all, this year. The weakest of these excellent chart re-visits, in my opinion. And thank you TRM for the compilation because some of these I knew nothing about at all, even half the Elvis ones. Mind, my house is a Presley-free zone. Two leap out at me, the third I'll have to think about.

P.S. Your football clue is defeating me, TRM.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD
A microscope helps crack the football clue.
123