Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Suefan
Nothing from the car karaoke in this list and so it'll have to be a surfeit of EP.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
This is a bad year really. I might have to go with Wendy Richard simply on account of how pretty she was.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD wrote
A microscope helps crack the football clue.
Oh yes. Now I see it

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Lots of Elvis, but it's definitely post-army emasculated non-threatening Elvis, so not for me.

I think I've said it before, but in ten thousand years, when only a handful of tunes from the twentieth century are remembered, Telstar will be one of them.

George Melly wrote in New Society magazine that in Mike Sarne, along with Bernard 'Hole in the Ground' Cribbens, he detected a new wittier, more adult-centered British pop music. Later, in Revolt into Style he castigated himself for being so wrong: and not even noticing that whenever his jazz band pleyed their regular touring gig in Liverpool at this time (the Cavern) like as not the local interval band would be The Beatles. Here's more information in an article another alter ego of mine wroote ten years ago: http://isaachate.blogspot.com/2008/08/mike-sarne-come-outside.html
You've all done vey well!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD wrote
A microscope helps crack the football clue.
I knew AC/PD would be on the ball in solving that topical clue

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
Love it

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Old Grey Whistler
More and more I am finding myself in the minority on this forum and I am once more as I don't think this is a bad selection. It helps that I like both the 'Yodelling Aussie' and 'The King', although I agree with YMG that these probably weren't his finest works.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Old Grey Whistler
I didn't realise that Wendy Richard had a number one in her portfolio. I have been trying to think of other collaborations between singers and actors that were chart toppers.  There was Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman  a few years ago of course, and then there was this song in which a well known actress teamed up with a great musician and reached number one in New Zealand and Australia, though typically didn't chart in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwAu9tcZP4k

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

CoffeeThing
Mine all have something to do with Richard.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Total agreement from me this time YMG

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Who's That Hurll
I see the latest poll has created a real buzz on the forum. Whilst these records might seem rather tame today, I'm sure they went down a storm with the youth of the time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

AC/PD
As, to these ears,  the year seemed to tail off, three choices come from the early part.
Elvis's first No 1 of the year may well have been voted for were it a single b' side.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

VintageVideos
Quite unusually, I voted for three of a kind. No Elvis this time.

Very much a three horse race. I went for Telstar, The Young Ones and my first choice was Mike with Wendy and the fun tune `Come Outside`.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Old Grey Whistler
I voted for Telstar, I Remember You and Return To Sender.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Legsfan
I voted for The Shadows, Return To Sender and the hit of 1972.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

Everything'sRosie
For the second time I was bang on the money. Wonderful Land, Telstar and The Young Ones.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1962.

PattiforPM
Yup the ol 1-2-3 for me too