Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

This is the 18th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.00pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THIS POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Quite a few on the list i had to resort to YouTube to refresh my memory. In the end i plumped for the Merseybeat. But which 3 did i choose ?

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Doc
Some decent records this year. Although nothing really stands out as being much better than the rest. I’ve picked 3 anyway.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

The Rubberband Man
Some of these I'd never heard before

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1963.mp3

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

JEZ
Voted for my choice of 3 strong number ones of 1963 ,it was a bit difficult ,as I could have easily picked an additional 3.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

PattiforPM
Some good ones but way short of the 1964 onward gang for me and if you subtract Merseyside and the Shads not much is left so I stuck with these and my moptop famine is over at last

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Who's That Hurll
Three votes have been given from me. To you it might seem like a stroll, but this ain't no picnic.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

PattiforPM wrote
moptop famine is over at last
Indeed, my votes will be taking a ferry across the Mersey, to the 'pool. But as an Evertonian I couldn't bring myself to vote for YNWA, although it is clearly the best and most enduring song here. Overall, I thought 1963 disappointing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

MADMAX
Love the 60's, could easy vote for any of these. A lot of good times and memories here for me!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

The Rubberband Man
It's a hat trick for one band with my votes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
It was tough narrowing these down to 3, I could have voted for any 3 from about 8
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Gorgeous Daze
Not much floats my boat this year, just a few paddles desperately keeping it above water. The pop scene was showing signs of going pear-shaped last week when we were in 84, but I still much prefer it.

No subtlety this week, I'm 100% as Fab as RBM. (I hope!) There's a freshness to their records that stands out from the crowd this year.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Old Grey Whistler
It is sounding as though the Beatles are going to win. My own votes have gone to three different artists from three different countries.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

CoffeeThing
A tough call, some great ones in the list.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Currently, 4 records are sharing top spot ! I have a feeling this could be another close poll.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

My chose for this year, will be two Beatles records. The last one as also got something to do with Beatles but not done by the Beatles. But I could voted for a lot of them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

AC/PD
Two Lennon-McCartney originals (one of the two which The Beatles recorded in German) and one associated with "...your old mate, Brian Matthew."

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

Thanks for the refresher TRBM.  At first glance it looked a tricky choice.  But with more anthems from the world capital of whineville than one can stomach in a lifetime of sittings it leaves me with a diabolically expensive holiday!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.

3-way tie at the the top. Can someone force a winner before the 7pm finish.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1963.