Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

VintageVideos
I simply voted for the three songs that I like best

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

AC/PD
The
The
The

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Gorgeous Daze
AC/PD wrote
The
The
The
+1

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Everything'sRosie
Gorgeous Daze wrote
AC/PD wrote
The
The
The
+1
+2

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

I went for `The Winning Tambourine Man`, The Moody Blues `Go Now` and the double A sided Beatles offering of `Day Tripper` / `We Can Work It Out`.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Old Grey Whistler
I voted for Ticket To Ride, Satisfaction and The Carnival Is Over.
A little bit surprised by the winner, I prefer Bob Dylan's original.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

1. Long Live Love (Wot! Only my vote! )  2. Ticket To Ride  3.  It's Not Unusual

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Ticket To Ride and both Seekers songs. Thanks to the lovely voice of Judith Durham, these two records are my favourite No. 1s of 1965.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

PattiforPM
I went Byrds, Satisfaction and the wrong Beatles song but have always loved Lennon's Voice in Help so couldn't help myself

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Everything'sRosie
Really surprised by the winner, especially against such stiff opposition. I really don't think it's that good, but that's just me.

I went for The Carnival is Over, has there ever been a purer voice than Judith Durham's? Ticket To Ride, because, you know, that Ringo is a rubbish drummer. And You've Lost That Loving Feeling, which I expected to romp home.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

The Rubberband Man
I'd never have put The Byrds as a winner. As OGW says, Bob's original is much better IMO.
I voted for " Go Now!", "The Last Time" and "Help", none of which bothered the top 3.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

I did better this time with We Can Work It Out,I got You Babe and Get Off Of My Cloud.I like many of the others but i prefer Dylan's version of Tambourine Man.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

AC/PD
My selections were Go Now, Help! and the Christmas double 'A' side

Plenty of Joints for 1965.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

SuPaLu wrote
I like many of the others but i prefer Dylan's version of Tambourine Man.
 You guys are a funny lot sometimes.  I too like the mellow Dylan version of TM (with a rare good vocal performance IMO) but those Byrds jangly guitars and harmonies make this an acknowledged classic and present in lots of top singles/song lists, such as they are and I think no surprise at all as a victor.  It was certainly up against it in this fine 1965 list so any winner here would be very arguable I guess.  BTW I too was sad to miss out the Righteous Brothers which used to be my desperation drunken go-to Karaoke song (before Brittney Spears' Not Yet a Woman took over and which I may have to ditch for PC reasons soon)

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Gorgeous Daze
I voted for Mr Tambourine Man, Ticket To Ride, and to my own surprise The Carnival Is Over.

Seems like OGW and I were once on a similar wavelength, man. . On the other hand I'm with P4PM on Mr Tambourine Man, I thought it the most likely winner and I much prefer The Byrd's version to Dylan's original.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1965.

Mikey
Go Now, I'm Alive and The Carnival Is Over.