Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

This is the 15th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.15pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Although i quite like all the song, i wouldn't exactly say theres anything particularly outstanding. But thats just me, you guys may see it differently. Anyway ive voted for my three. Two groups and a solo act.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

What a great year for number ones, still thinking about it. Got one in mind, just got two more to think about.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
With at least TEN bona fide classics here I'm going to have to think about this. What a year for music. So many great acts at the top of their game.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

PattiforPM
Great Year again, I have two solids but choosing a third is really making me think

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

The Rubberband Man
Some sensational classics in this year. Difficult decisions to pick only three.

Here's Bob's compilation, starting with a bonus from the Beatles :-
http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1966.mp3

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

MADMAX
What a fantastic year '69 was! at least for me. what a great list of songs, I could easily tick the lot, love them all, brings back  so many great memories. Going to have to go away and have a think about this lot.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

AC/PD
A superb year with no shortage of stonewall classics.
For once, The Beatles provide the first 'dip' in the road but they swiftly redeem themselves with a flip over to the other A-Side.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Gorgeous Daze
Certainly a strong identity to most of the tunes making it to the top this year. I've chosen American siblings, pseudo and real, and from over here a reminder of the days when Liverpool did the double.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

VintageVideos
A good selection with many songs that are still classics today. 1966 was also one of the best years for Motown i.m.o. "Reach Out I'll Be There" is one of the rare instances when a Motown single made it to No. 1 in the UK.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

A very difficult year to choose from with again a large number of great hits making the top spot. It shows the high quality of music being released during this period.
I could have picked so many, so narrowing down to three was a very hard and thought provoking process. However, in the end I have gone for Emil Zatopeck, the blue eyed songstress and the aquatic/confessional dual hit.
But top class hit records all round . Another great year from the 60s.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Mostly great songs here and lots of variety.My fav Beatle McCartney was at a creative peak as were The Beach Boys.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

JEZ
Although I like the 60s songs very much ,I didnt find it that particular hard this week ,to pick just 3 out of 1966 number one records ,yes the songs are good ,but I wouldn't say that many on this list are favourites.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Thanks once again TRBM for the aide-memoire for, as ever, I needed it.  Unlike the consensus I'm unconvinced that many of these will survive the ravages of time.  But for now its a father daughter one two, with a verdant wood for the third.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Who's That Hurll
I've pretty much hit a home run with my choices.

Starting to feel guilty about the number of Moptop songs I'm not voting for

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
PattiforPM wrote
Starting to feel guilty about the number of Moptop songs I'm not voting for
Haha, me too. In all these polls I haven't voted for one. I'm a Beatles fan, honest  It's bound to happen soon, but 66 was a phenomenal year. I also had to pass on The Walker Brothers, Kinks, both the Sinatras and Jones the Voice.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

AC/PD
One's a job application with which a work sample is enclosed, the second takes place after a visit from the Taxman and the third has a title which encapsulates the feelings caused by Legs & Co.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

I have chosen my three tracks. My first will go to some brothers, with probably one of the best singer of his generation. The second to the best group of all time. And the last to the boys that could make great sunshine and serf. It as been very hard to choose this year. I would have voted for people like the kinks, Dusty, The Spencer Davis Group with wonderful Stevie Winwood and missing out the Four Tops.
123