Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Everything'sRosie
I got the Henry Ford "black" reference, but the other two pics caught me out RBM. And I knew that was Barbara Cartland too!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

I wonder if Eleanor Rigby would have polled better if it hadn't been coupled with the monotonous Yellow Sub ?
Were the colourful vehicle separated from an A-side privilege,  the Single's currency would have increased massively.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Everything'sRosie wrote
I got the Henry Ford "black" reference, but the other two pics caught me out RBM. And I knew that was Barbara Cartland too!
I thought TRM's third picture suggested either Reach Out (I'll Be There) or With a Girl Like Lu.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

AC/PD wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote

Hmm, I thought you'd selected Where Do You Go To My Lovely by Pretence Badly
 LOL

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

AC/PD
My choices were Paperback Writer (with a trippy fall of Rain on the B-Side) , Sunny Afternoon and Good Vibrations.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Very glad that the Beach Boys won.  Bit sad that the Four Tops didn't come second and the Walker Bros too but a good poll again

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

One's fond of pampering dogs, the colour pink and writing fiction...

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Legsfan
Well, BBC NI thinks one of those is a non-fiction writer

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Legsfan
I voted for The Beach Boys, Sinatra and Tom Jones.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

VintageVideos
My choices were the lovely Nancy Sinatra with her ultracool song, the genius of Ray Davies "Sunny Afternoon", and the powerpop of the Small Faces. None of those bothered the Top 3 unfortunately.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Mikey
Could have picked loads really but i chose Keep on Running, Paperback Writer and Reach Out

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

MADMAX
Managed to get a 2nd in the stones, but the other two of my picks Davis, and the Trogs missed out. As I said before the choice was too good, Jones and the B/Boys are great tracks and well deserve the ranking they got.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

I voted for Good Vibrations,Paint It Black and Yellow Submarine/Eleanor Rigby.
Amazed Tom Jones got 6 votes.

Re: Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

CoffeeThing
Blast, I absently missed this week and I love Paint It Black.
This week, I are be mostly watching the third place play-off

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

AC/PD wrote
............ has a title which encapsulates the feelings caused by Legs & Co.
'All or Nothing' seems a tad optimistic.  But oh for the stamina of ones youth!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
It was only with this poll that I've discerned the full narrative of Green Green Grass Of Home. I've just never thought the old boyo was worth paying much attention to. But he was. Well at least for this song.
He could actually sing GD, which always helps in the long run.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1966.

Gorgeous Daze
Never doubted Tom could sing SF,  but he was dismissed as never remotely fashionable and creatively worthless by the generation immersed in punk and new wave. But in the long run you mature to appreciate more things.