Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

This is the 6th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 9.15pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Not so many number one this year, but most if not all are very listenable and i can honestly say i enjoy all 14 on offer. As for breaking them down to three favourites. Well ive gone for three separate groups, and yes, only one of The Beatles tracks.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

sueforever
It interesting that the Beatles should have had three number One in 67. And that was one of the best records ever made. But beaten by E. Humperdinck.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler
There are a couple which I am not familiar with and will have to listen to. It might be that I know them but don't recognise the title.  Of the ones I do know I like almost all of them.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

1967 is really a classic year with so many good songs. I've yet to decide on my three picks.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

JEZ
This is more my scene ,the 60s and 70s ,I will decide on my 3

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

JEZ
I've found it a little hard to pick 3 , because I really like most if not all of them ,but pick 3 I must and pick 3 I have.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
What a fine variety of songs. Very much back on comfortable ground for me after the cultural desert of last week. I will take my time, as there are literally ten songs I will give serious consideration to.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

PattiforPM
Yep some fine material here.  So much better than the late 80s and I must say also way better than that 1961 lot too!  I managed two non-Fab Four numbers

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
All these no.1's are likeable but none are classics in my opinion. It was very hard to narrow them down to 3.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Willoway
Rather too much MoR-type stuff for my liking, and not a fan of the Beatles post-Revolver, but enough left to make 3 positive choices - fave is written by the same guy whose authorship took UB40 by surprise on one of their hits.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

sueforever wrote
It interesting that the Beatles should have had three number One in 67. And that was one of the best records ever made. But beaten by E. Humperdinck.
Indeed SFE, surely the greatest double A-side of all time and it would have had an automatic vote from me. Unlike others I'm a little disappointed examing the single cream of success in this very interesting year, and E Humperdinck is one of the prime reasons.

There is nevertheless a songcraft and honesty that beats the plasticity of 89.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
Gorgeous Daze wrote
sueforever wrote
It interesting that the Beatles should have had three number One in 67. And that was one of the best records ever made. But beaten by E. Humperdinck.
Indeed SFE, surely the greatest double A-side of all time and it would have had an automatic vote from me. Unlike others I'm a little disappointed examing the single cream of success in this very interesting year, and E Humperdinck is one of the prime reasons.

There is nevertheless a songcraft and honesty that beats the plasticity of 89.
The reason for the greatest double A-side not getting to #1 was because chart compilers counted it as two individual releases - which is nuts.  It actually outsold EH's Release Me by nearly two to one.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Gorgeous Daze
Well I never knew that. It was just one record so surely an erroneous way of treating it.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

CoffeeThing
Really tough call, I too like them all. Have voted, but on a different day it could as easily have been three totally different selections. Good music.
This week, I are be mostly old

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Someone's put this together (could be a guy called Bob Borst).
There's around 5 seconds per song on the compilation, which acts as a good aaide-memoire and saves going off to Youtube.
(It starts with the first #1 of 1967 which was also the last #1 of 1966, so it's not in Ryan's list)

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1967.mp3

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Yes that gives me a good opportunity to remind folk that my list only contains songs that reached number one in `that` year. So in this instance, Tom Jones `Green Green Grass`, number one for 7 weeks commencing 1st December 1966, will feature in the 1966 listing. In other words every number one will feature in every poll, only the once.

By the way, nice link TRBM.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
After much deliberation I've gone for it. A solo artist, a duo, and a band (not from the pool)

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Hanway2
Ah. The summer of love! I remember it well, almost! At least I remember an incident on my 7th birthday that year. Anyway, a division between the adult’s easy listening and the growing pop music scene, just as it was about to splinter into pop and rock.
I have given my vote to three of the burgeoning acts in the new music scene, and that does not include the ‘Hump’. Something Stupid, which I did not vote for, will always remain as an example of an easy listening classic, I suspect.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Who's That Hurll
I've picked a midfield three.