Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
I’ve been allured by the Vestal Virgins...
….and a couple of fab records

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

So my three votes have gone to three great tracks. But all the records at number One in 67 are really good, better than anything that got to number One in 89. So my first one was smash hit in the Summer of Love. Which had a Classical Influence and a great organ sound. The Second one come from the greatest band ever. And the last come from a fab band the got number One in November.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler
I have just voted for three different groups.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

AC/PD
Difficult to select a final three and, but for a late switch, a daft one would have been chosen.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

VintageVideos
Selecting from nine favourites wasn't an easy task. In the end I picked "the incest song", the song that shaped the hippie movement and the answer song to the latter.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The result will appear at 9.15pm this evening. We need just one more set of votes for this particular year to be the most popular in terms voter turn-out so far. Hopefully we can acquire a late vote to achieve this. All the songs in the list have received at least one vote, accept for one.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

WOW, full house for me i picked all three

As for the Fab Four. Well im a fan of theres, but im not such a fan of `All You Need Is Love`. Sacrilege to say, but i find it a bit boring and repetitive.

Thanks to the 22 for turning out and voting.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Following in the melancholy footsteps of Nilsson, another classy winner. I nearly voted for it but instead went for the American Fab Four after first choosing both options from their British progenitors.

Considering the competition I would have been a little surprised had The Monkees won, Diamond-honed though the record is.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

As for the Fab Four. Well im a fan of theres, but im not such a fan of `All You Need Is Love`. Sacrilege to say, but i find it a bit boring and repetitive.
Funnily enough, that's a description perfectly befitting of Hello Goodbye.

Like GD, America's 'answer to The Beatles' received one of my votes as did The Foundations.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

A deserved win for the astonishing Whiter Shade Of Pale, any modern pop song that can reference Chaucer is alright with me. I'm turning cartwheels across the floor, less so for the performance of my other two choices, Frank and Nancy, and surely the best connected man in pop, Mr Long John Baldry.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

VintageVideos
... and yet another poll where none of my picks made the Top 3. Would have thought San Francisco would do better.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

AC/PD wrote
RYAN wrote
As for the Fab Four. Well im a fan of theres, but im not such a fan of `All You Need Is Love`. Sacrilege to say, but i find it a bit boring and repetitive.
Funnily enough, that's a description perfectly befitting of Hello Goodbye.
Another thing in `Hello Goodbyes` favour is that in terms of weeks at the top of the chart by them, its seven week stint can only be matched by `From Me To You`.

In the 1960s, only Elvis, The Shadows & The Archies can better that with 8 week stints, though a few others also had 7 week stints.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Got two of the three songs. A good winner for me, just a very great record from the start a true Classic. Why I went for this Beatles record than " All you need is Love ". We see the different Styles from both songwriters. The melodic tune of McCartney for the A side. And the wonderful Alice in wonderland like lyrics from Lennon. And anyone can put, " Kicking Edgar Alan Poe up the Effie Tower ", gets my vote. And by the way AC/PD what great tasted I see you chose The Foundations my third chose just a great pop sound for me.

Highly commendable. Yet their first single of 1967 'Strawberry Fields Forever / Penny Lane' spent not a single week at the top of the charts.

Indeed and as a consolation, im almost tempted to throw in a mini-poll to decide which of these two behemoths the forum likes best.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
Pleased to see Procol Harum is the forum’s favourite. I also voted for both Beatles records, so I got two out of the top three, which according to Meatloaf, ain’t bad.

The line about the Sixteen Vestal Virgins in “A Whiter Shade Of Pale” is not quite correct as there weren’t that many in the Vestal – it was a smaller group of just six girls.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
The Rubberband Man wrote
 there weren’t that many in the Vestal – it was a smaller group of just six girls.
Though some classical scholars have debated the existence of a seventh...Anita, I think her name was.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
I Like "All You Need Is Love" and I think it's one of The Beatles’ most iconic songs.
Written for the first tv global broadcast, Britain’s contribution to the show was The Beatles. You can imagine the broadcaster saying, “And now, from the United Kingdom…” and the first thing being the opening bars to the French national anthem.
A general theme of Love: “Greensleeves”, “In The Mood”, “She Loves You”, etc. runs through the song, and the simple lyric, “All You Need Is Love” is repeated to get the message through to a world that’s in much need of love and care.
And if anybody thinks it’s too repetitive, then they’re in esteemed company, as George Martin thought the exact same thing when he first heard it.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Strawberry fields here
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!