Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I went for the Monkees, Procul Harem and Sandie Shaw. Nearly had the tricast!

Must say, I like a lot of Beatles stuff, but these 2 are in the silly stuff section for me. Boring and repetitive as Ryan says, but I would go further and add childish?
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler
I got 2 out of 3.
Voted for: A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Hello Goodbye and Silence Is Golden

If this site was 'One For The Mums' then I think Englebert would have scored a lot better.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Suefan
Two out of three hereabouts as well but then I've always preferred New England to Merseyside.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

PattiforPM
I was Whiter and a Believer and first third choice I agree with RM that All You Need us Love totally represents its time and although repetitive it takes me back so well I just don't care.  Oh and BTW Penny Lane stimulates my senses even though I've spent many happy hours picking strawberries

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Suefan
I've no experience of the fruity childrens home, but I can lay claim to a wet weekend in lodging on the Smithdown Road. And which gives my week in Gary, IN a run for its money as one of the most depressing trips I've ever had to make.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

I voted for The Bee Gees, Sandie Shaw and Procol Harum.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

1. All You Need is Love 2. A Whiter Shade of Pale 3. San Francisco

I've always felt the two Monkees "believer" records got their chart positions the wrong way round. 'Daydream Believer' should have been a number one, whereas no.5 would have been about right for 'I'm a Believer'.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Gorgeous Daze
I think that the other Believer is definitely their finest song. And good though the other is it doesn't have No.1 written all over it.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
The thing I have about The Monkees is they didn’t write "I’m A Believer" (Neil Diamond wrote it), and they didn’t play any instruments on the record either.

For sure that doesn’t bother sum, and Micky Dolenz explained it away saying, “The Monkees were actors PORTRAYING a rock band, just as the cast of Star Trek was just a bunch of actors PORTRAYING a starship crew”.
After the band broke up Michael Nesmith said that Micky was wrong with this, because The Monkees really did play together...and there was no comparison to Star Trek unless the cast of Star Trek could actually fly a Starship in real life.

Talking about Star Trek, Davy Jones was the inspiration behind Russian navigator and backup science officer Pavel Chekov

...and I also agree that the other Believer is better.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Gorgeous Daze
And talking about Star Trekkin'...now there's one when we get to 87 that certainly won't get a vote from me. A travesty!

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man wrote
Michael Nesmith said that Micky was wrong with this
MN recorded a number of fine solo albums after the Monkees split (if you like country rock that is) and even scored a couple of minor hits.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Old Grey Whistler
I'm not sure if it's possible to do a cover version of your own song but I much prefer Neil Diamond singing 'I'm A Believer'. It's much slower and more intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K22e3AcJe64

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Mikey
My favourite didn't even make the top 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9muzyOd4Lh8

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Sorry OGW couldn't disagree more this time but I too like daydream believer best of the two Monkees faith based songs

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
And talking about Star Trekkin'...now there's one when we get to 87 that certainly won't get a vote from me. A travesty!
Ah yes. The Firm

Can anybody think of another #1 single that has a Star Trek reference?

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Everything'sRosie
The Rubberband Man wrote
Can anybody think of another #1 single that has a Star Trek reference?
First of all, is there one? Or am I to take venture on a pointless quest with no pot of gold at the end?

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Of course. 99 Red Balloons by our own Nena.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

The Rubberband Man
Everyone's a super hero
Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Well done Vin - you may claim your €5

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1967.

Everything'sRosie wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
 there weren’t that many in the Vestal – it was a smaller group of just six girls.
Though some classical scholars have debated the existence of a seventh...Anita, I think her name was.
Not entirely sure she'd pass for one, to be honest.
123