Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

CoffeeThing
Some good ones there, selection made but it was very close.
This week, I are be mostly eating fish

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

The Rubberband Man wrote
Obviously a delivery of Dave & Ansells Collins.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Another year were all songs have received at least one vote. When that happens, it show that its a strong year and this certainly is.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Another year were all songs have received at least one vote. When that happens, it show that its a strong year and this certainly is.
Either that or the phantom is having a further laugh.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Just voted I went for a Sweet Lord, a dinosaur, and a tall person.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

I went for My Sweet George, Dave & Ansil and Middle Of The Road.

In hindsight, maybe i should have gone for Benny Hill instead of MOTR, but i guess i `bottled it`

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Not surprised George won. Fantastic record and an excellent Pans routine to make it even more special. I also went for T-Rex (Get It On) and Slade's first of six Number Ones.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Very surprised at the margin of victory! In fact I expected Hot Love to win. I chose both the T Rex entries and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Everything'sRosie wrote
Not surprised George won. Fantastic record and an excellent Pans routine to make it even more special.
Agree on both counts there.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

The Rubberband Man wrote
My three votes are in :-

I voted for, and just in case nobody could work it out:-
My Sweet Lord (Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, a humbug sweet, Lord Sugar)
Hot Love
Double Barrel

My Sweet Lord is a fabulous song, and is probably the best solo record from any of the ex Beatles. A very worthy and decisive winner.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

I voted for George Harrison as you say a great record from a great Album. And like you ER I went for " Get it On " I remember see it on ToTps with Elton John on keyboards. And last of all Rod Stewart and the Faces a great band.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

I voted for Maggie May,Chirpy and Grandad.
The last one i feel really appeals to young kids and as a then 9 year old i loved the song.I'm not sure my grandad appreciated us singing to him though.I also loved Ernie.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Almost got the top 3 but got the wrong T-Rex song. Not much between the two.

A bit surprised at the margin of victory for My Sweet Lord but I've always liked it.

Maggie May was one of Rod's early songs but not sure he ever surpassed it, except possibly with Sailing.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Hanway2
Ignoring the obvious charms of Corporal Jones and the he that drove the fastest milk cart in the West. I chose the song for mandolin aficionados, the devotional song and the Bopping Elf. And I got the top three, first time ever.
I have been on holiday so only got to vote late, but still in time, but this is my earliest opportunity to comment.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

PattiforPM
It seems I voted just as my friend SFE did

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

AC/PD
It seems I voted just as my friend ER did

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

The Rubberband Man
"My Sweet Lord" topped charts worldwide and was the UK's biggest-selling single of 1971, but it caught the ears of some litigation lawyers who thought it sounded very familiar to a record by The Chiffons (who?) called “He’s So Fine”. After a prolonged legal process, the courts found in favour of The Chiffons’ publishers citing the fact George Harrison admitted to being aware of the Chiffons recording and had "subconsciously" copied the tune. George Harrison was fined $1.6m.

Do the two songs sound the same and is it right, in the wider context, that a succession of notes played in a particular order can only belong to one person?

John Lennon’s thoughts on it were, “"He walked right into it. He knew what he was doing. He must have known, you know. He's smarter than that... George could have changed a few bars in that song and nobody could have ever touched him, but he just let it go and paid the price. Maybe he thought God would just sort of let him off."

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Im very much a Beatles fan, so ive always found it hard over the years to be impartial on the MSL/HSF comparison. But ive never found HSF to be anything like MSL in any way shape or form.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1971.

Legsfan
I voted for My Sweet Lord, Hot Love and Benny Hill.
I also thought Hot Love would have won.