Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

This will be the first of our new `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which three are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all 3 favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

PLEASE USE THE NABBLE POLL BELOW TO CAST YOUR `3` VOTES.

PICK YOUR `3` FAVOURITES FROM 1975.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

As ever, i consider it a hosts job to cast the first votes. Lead by example and all that.

My votes are cast in this male dominated year. 2 groups and a singles artist.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Mikey
There's some real oddities in this list (but only one is in space) i'll think about it for a bit but my initial thoughts are my choices may span the year quite nicely.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Everything'sRosie
My three leapt out at me fairly quickly. All three are groups. Two home-grown, one from across the pond.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

VintageVideos
I simply picked my three favourite Pan's People routines ...

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Must think about at the moment.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

The best of British and all are under 5 minutes and 55 seconds long.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

I wonder if the female contingent has ever been so low as this year. Im really surprised to see the 19 out of 20 split in terms of male/female vocals. Maybe it was just a mid-70s Alpha-male thing. You know, women were far better served in the kitchen, bedroom or dancing on a certain pop show. Maybe these 21st century feminists do have a point !

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

I've voted, and one of my votes went to a single that is currently at #3 in the Rock Charts.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

I wonder if the female contingent has ever been so low as this year. Im really surprised to see the 19 out of 20 split in terms of male/female vocals. Maybe it was just a mid-70s Alpha-male thing. You know, women were far better served in the kitchen, bedroom or dancing on a certain pop show. Maybe these 21st century feminists do have a point !
Those No. 1's may not have been by females, but most of them are about females!

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Who's That Hurll
and what % of the two BCR number ones were bought by girls?

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Well thats me told then !

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

I had to whittle down 5 good ones to 3 and all are solidly UK Groups I believe.  Oh and Vin I guess you didn't vote for Mr Garfunkel then

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Mikey
I didn't vote for Art (sorry Art), but i have visited his restaurants a few times.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

PattiforPM
Useless trivial memory time: I still fondly recall how effective it was to annoy my brother by calling him "Woody" from the BCRs in my best fake Scots accent.  Ah, those were the days....

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

VintageVideos
I think Ryan's picture montage in the first post is well worth an accolade. Nice picture sleeves, I wonder if UK buyers actually saw any of those in 1975? As far as I know, many singles still came in ordinary record company sleeves in Britain around that time.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

VintageVideos wrote
As far as I know, many singles still came in ordinary record company sleeves in Britain around that time.
I never knew that or simply cant remember. I do remember a few years later, most notably with New Wave bands the coloured vinyl discs first coming out and thinking how extravagant it was.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Everything'sRosie
A good selection of Number 1s I thought. One has gone onto mythical status, of course, but it didn't get my vote. I admire its scale and audacity, but ultimately I file it under bombastic nonsense. Interestingly, at the end of the 70s I remember Radio 1 asking its listeners to vote for the greatest chart-topper of the decade, and the winner came from 1975...but it wasn't BR.

Of the list above, I have little recollection of the Connelly and Mud singles, and I doubt I have heard either since, well, er...1975.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

Yes on hearing the Connolly single again, its hard to believe it topped the charts. I suppose it did so due to BCs rising popularity as a comedian, though to be honest he was never my cup of tea.

Re: VOTE HERE - for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1975.

AC/PD
On reflection I prefer Jasper Carrott's Funky Moped to BC's D.I.V.O.R.C.E. although I recall neither from the time.
From the list of available options, I have 8 selections which need stripping down to 3.
1234