Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

This is the 7th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 9.15pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Bit of a wishy-washy line-up in my view. I actually struggled to pick three but got there in the end.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

JEZ
Very hard again for me ,as I like every one of them ,but I've picked my strongest 3.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Everything'sRosie
Six on my shortlist. I'll have to think about this.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

I could have picked any one of these records but i managed to weed it down to three.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Everything'sRosie
With a good chunk of these having Legs routines it's hard not to be influenced, but I have persevered to judge the records on their musical merits alone. My three choices contain two from long established acts, with a tasty side-order of transient euro-pop.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

The Rubberband Man
If Ryan doesn't mind, Internet Blogger Bob Borst has made a short compilation of all 1977 No.1's

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1977.mp3

It starts with Johnny Mathis who was at #1 in 1976, and so is not included in Ryan's 1977 list.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Quite a smooth selection, but then '77 was a fine year.  An Argent Donna, an emotional Republic, and a Argyll peninsula being my choices.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Gorgeous Daze
Looks like this will be my first and maybe only year where all three of my choices have female vocalists. But which to say 'Yes Madam' to? Hmm.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

A difficult year to choose, as none of these stand out to me as great number 1s. That is the problem with chart position and popularity. I would think there were a many of the better songs that did not hit the top spot. And by 1977 I was taking less interest in the charts than before. Choosing three was not easy and has been done with reservations but the picks are a memorable show tune, a number from a talented actor/singer and not forgetting the European pop juggernaut.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I thought this was a good year for Number 1s...instead of struggling to find 3 this time it was a struggle to narrow it down...but I went for the Swedes, Errol's lot and a classy American bird.
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Lee A
A good year for music and number 1's, so many choose from. Will have to think about it.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

VintageVideos
Hardly any real favourites for me but at least a number of 'good' songs, so I voted for an acronym, a plant and a b-side.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Who's That Hurll
Two of my choices were danced to by Legs & Co ; the other one is by an act who prefer to do the boogieing themselves.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

CoffeeThing
A cracking line-up and a very difficult choice. I actually left out Abba because as iconic as they are, these two are not my favourite of tgeir excellent tunes. Instead, I chose two of my all-time favourites and a classic from a very underrated performer. Tough call nevertheless, with others also very close.
This week, I are be mostly old

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Mikey
A Rock King, A Disco Queen and errrm some Spanish cheese

Just voted my three records, I must say that could have been influenced by a wonderful routine by our ladies. For my first record, for my next the Disco record that change everything. And the last one must go to one of the two records by a super group from Sweden.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

Lee A
Made my choices finally.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1977.

PattiforPM
A reasonable Year for me with votes going to a Swedish Institution, Disco Royalty and a lovely vocal performance