Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

This is the 14th of our `Tuesday to Friday polls` in which we vote on our favourite UK number one singles from the golden years of pop, 1960 to 1989. Your task is to decide which 'three' are your favourites from each given year.

Remember that you must select all '3' favourite choices in one go, you cannot vote for one or two then vote again for your third.
The poll ends Friday at 7.30pm. This is a hidden poll and the result will automatically be revealed at the end of the poll. You must be logged-in to vote.

THE POLL IS CLOSED.

VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.
You can select up to 3 options.
This poll is closed.
This poll ended on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

As far as im concerned this is the best year so far. An impressive array of number 1's on offer. Ive picked my three (all British). A real bind to omit Blondie

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Gorgeous Daze
The eighties dawned in the midst of a great era. And I think 1980 has more in common with 79 than 81. A lot I like here to choose from, for a few rejection will come with reluctance.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Old Grey Whistler
Hmm, A tough choice. So far I have managed to rule out 5 , although I get the feeling that 3 out of those 5 will be very popular with most of you.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

JEZ
A very good year yet again for singles ,I could pick nearly all these as favourites ,but ive managed to pick the 3 for various memories of 1980 ,and the songs that were played a lot at the time.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

The "Bits And Pieces" mix from from Bob :-

http://d1pop96i45smdf.cloudfront.net/popculture/medley/final/uk/year/1980.mp3

Difficult so chose just three from this year - the quality is so high. However, I have already ruled out any songs about aged family members.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

I think I'll have to think more about this one. It going to be difficult to choose three. But its going to be interesting because you have some great records here.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

VintageVideos
A selection of good songs. Just a few of them are great though.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Lee A
A fantastic year for music. I wish I'd been old enough to live through it. So many great records here. Would have loved to have been 14/15 in 1980. When I was 14/15 in '97 I used to listen to music from early 80s - 1980 in particular  (I was so out of touch but I didn't care - the music of the late 90s did nothing for me). It was easy for me to pretend it was 1980 in 1997, if I wanted to at times, as the days fell on the same dates too (well they did after 1st March as 1980 was a leap year!). So many to choose from, it's going to tough.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

CoffeeThing
Great year and a tough call but done.
This week, I are be mostly watching the third place play-off

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Yup a good year.  I chose three gooduns but I left three other gems on the shelf

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Everything'sRosie
Two instantly jumped out at me, but the third will prove harder. I've got six to consider. Echoing what others have said, 1980 was an amazing year for music, so many great acts at the top of their game.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Everything'sRosie
I'm off to a below the surface shelter in the hope of surviving a nuclear blast, but will probably end up like that powdery residue you find in fire grates.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

MADMAX
Only two of the numbers listed made No 1 here. Not even Abba made the grade! Aussies were mad over them. Well I've ticked three, see how it goes.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Legsfan
1980 was the first full year of TOTP for me, so I think I will have to think about this one.
I will reveal that I’m happy about this year being picked this week. I hope everyone is happy too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
I voted for 3 blondes....one US, one Aussie, one Brit....2 female 1 male...
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Who's That Hurll
1980  - a reasonably good year for music; but exceptional when it came to the number ones. There's just a few duds for me  (Kenny Rogers, M*A*S*H and St Winifreds) and a number I have to leave out, that would have been in the Top 3 in other years.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Who's That Hurll
It's very late in the day, so I'm giving you the lowdown on my choice of powerful records.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

I might be out on a limb here, but for me 1980 was a year of some good and memorable number 1 hits, but nothing really outstanding. But a wide range of choice and I could have chosen at least half of these as worthy picks for favourites of the year.
To narrow it down to just three was hard, but have gone for the band lead by the lady from Akron, an old Lucy Lover with his drug named cohorts and the Funny Girl.
I suspect the votes will be widely spread out this year. You could open a book on the outcome.

Re: VOTE HERE for your `3` favourite UK number one singles from 1980.

Thanks again for the refresher TRBM.

Well this is a fairly decent selection and for once I'm almost, almost, spoilt for choice.
Avoiding all sop, cricket trophies, and preserves, quickly narrows it down to the required trio, two of which were danced to by Legs and one I wished they had done, since I'm sure it would have been their sassiest routine ever.